First cruise ship of the season

And it crashes into the dock! The front end is smashed in! I’ll post a photo soon.

http://www.hoshq.com/d100/spring2004/20.jpg

:laughing:

It actually crashed into OUR dock? Or was it like that before it came here?

Doesnt that explain it all?

Yup, they say it chipped off a chunk of the concrete.

[quote=“Matthew”]

Doesnt that explain it all?[/quote]

I’ve seen tons of boats come into the harbour with a chunk taken out of the bow. Could have happened before it got here. Hoshq could have been making a funny.

As you can see from the picture, they’re fixing it, because it just happened…

Ships usually have pretty good insurance, however, it all depends where the ship is registered. Interesting fact: Ships are the only non-human things that can be arrested. I was doing some work on a ship once and it was arrested, basically meaning that it couldn’t be moved from the location it was anchored at.

dude, didnt a cruise ship hit up on the rocks not too long ago around here?? 150 people on it or something and they had to take them all off…

Yep that happened just last week… a little ways out of the harbour. I’m trying to find the news clip of it, but not having any luck. It was in the paper on monday or so I think.

Smartass, you are my newspaper

One of my nicknames is the Daily News… but I’m more like the National Enquirer.

[quote=“smartass”]

are my newspaper

One of my nicknames is the Daily News… but I’m more like the National Enquirer.[/quote]

so cheesey hahahah :unamused:

i work tying up the big boats and yesterday i was working when it crashed it was very loud and shook the whole dock it was quite scary.

that was a alaskan boat that hit reef closer to alaska not here…
80 people had to be evacuated cause the boat was takin on lots of water. but everyone was safe