Fire at Epicurean

The Northern View is reporting that the fire is being treated as suspicious.

Fire

What the hell is it with Rupert and fires???

Sorry to hear about this-I have many good memories about the place from when we lived there. But I really have to wonder why so many fires occur in such a wet place. The perversity of it just boggles my mind.

:angry:

This town is just going to be one big hole in the ground soon…I think it’s so friggen sad the state of affairs in this town so depressing hahaha

StackedSports, I am unsure about the rats but if true, I am not surprised. When the Elizabeth apartments went up in flames, the rats did go throughout the neighbourhood, so it is possible many found new homes there as well.

Last year in Alberta, one individual stated that they get rid of their rats, if the home owners don’t, the city/regional districts do and add to the taxes. 

Is is sad when residences do lose their homes, however it would be interesting once the property owners get their insurance, rebuilding would be nice.  Still waiting on the property on 1st west (2 apartment blocks burned down, insurance collected), wonder if we will see anything built on the old sites?

Nope they take the money and get the heck out,    why put all your retirement into another unsucsessfull enterprise.

Look at it as wining the lottery you wouldnt spend all your lotto winings on more lotto tickets would you ?

Even a nicely paved and painted parking lot on that corner would be nice, not just a dirt patch.

I hear that a@w is looking at it.

A&W would not work at that location haha you think there is room for a drive thru there cmon now

Ajaye@WTF?

Seriously, not the time and place for sarcasm.

Acording to ajaye, theres going to be an A&W on just about every corner in
Prince Rupert, ha ha ha ha. 

Realtiy check,  what happened when the inlander burnt down ?
A big dirt hole just like the qeen elizebeth.

Perhaps he’s mistaken on the name and its just his favorite hooker arbys roast beef sandwhich switching up her corner all around town?

Also… sucks for the people that lived there hopefully they find something new and equally cheap. Also hopefully they had insurance.  Sucks to lose everything you own but at least they’re alive.

Wasn’t too cheap to live in there. Heard the rent was a little over $1000. monthly but yes, it is a miracle that no one was hurt. I always missed the Epicurean, was a great restaurant, good Greek food! 

The fire is being investigated as arson.

Fire at Epicurean