FIELDS Re-Opening in spring 2013

When they reopen don’t try the canned smoked scallops. They’re $1 because they’re disgusting.
Take home a load of marked down Easter candy instead. And try the Xevia no cal Root Beer with Ginger.

I think I read in the paper they would be hiring around 10-15 people. Whether low income jobs or not, still jobs…can’t really complain about that.

Well open up a quality store then ?

Where did you hear half of rupert was up in terrace. I know the walmart here was pretty pretty busy with people that whole week leading up to easter ?

[quote=“Speedy”]

Well open up a quality store then ?

Where did you hear half of rupert was up in terrace. I know the walmart here was pretty pretty busy with people that whole week leading up to easter ?[/quote]

I really doubt “My2cents” was being literal that half of Rupert was in Terrace but were there many Rupertites in Terrace, you bet! It was a great weekend, beautiful drive out of town so why not and as far as opening a “quality store”, I am sure if any of us could afford the investment we would. We have a couple of nice clothing stores downtown but when you are charging almost $100 for a plain white shirt? Well, online shopping for me! Wal-Mart is fine for catfood and the like but can find that in Shoppers for cheaper sometimes. Would be great to have a shoe store as Fields and Wallymart don’t cut it on that item!

First of all IIkea won’t touch a place that is less than 200,000 they wouldn’t even consider Kelowna. So there is no hope in hell of ever having one. Second_ how soon you all forget, we had a shoe store and that nice woman tried so hard to stay open but didn’t get enough support from us. Be happy with Fields trying yet again.

It is the complainers that won’t do anything about it :smile:

Codybear, Walmart does price match… So no, technically you can’t find cheaper at shoppers, because it will be just as cheap at walmart. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi Bubba, I actually asked one of the cashiers about that and she said she wasn’t aware of that policy but she could ask someone! There were a few people waiting behind me in line so told her not to worry about it. A couple of people have had the same thing happen to them so I don’t know! I like Shoppers and the staff are awesome so I just go there !

[quote=“codybear933”]

Hi Bubba, I actually asked one of the cashiers about that and she said she wasn’t aware of that policy but she could ask someone! There were a few people waiting behind me in line so told her not to worry about it. A couple of people have had the same thing happen to them so I don’t know! I like Shoppers and the staff are awesome so I just go there ![/quote]

That is weird. I’ve done it in Terrace. It’s on the ads for walmart… It is policy.