FIELDS Re-Opening in spring 2013

Looks like FIELDS will be re-opening in the Rupert Square Mall this spring.

The FIELDS brand was sold by HBC to FHC Holdings who has decided to keep 57 stores operating, with Prince Rupert’s (currently closed) as one of the 57 stores.

northcoastreview.blogspot.ca/201 … rince.html

Do we really need Fields back again? It wasn’t much of a store the last time.

I agree that FIELDS is basically nothing really new…but I beggars cant be choosers…and Rupert’s retail scene is very much in the “beggar” state.

Better to have this space filled with something (providing employment, even if low income) than to have it empty I guess.

Yahoo…I was running low on ceramic statues of cowboys on bucking broncos! I spent more money at Fields when the store was closing than I did when it was open. It’s not top of my shopping store must haves for this community.

I agree with you on that point, I think I bought catfood in there and that was it! Why can’t this town attract “real” stores like dare I say, a shoe store !!

Gawd you bought the wrong thing. I remember that Truly pet food, they’s shit tons and were constantly starving.
They carry even crappier merchandise now they’re on their own. More expired food, less clothes.

I had to reread the title of this blog… could not believe it. We don’t need another retail dumping grounds in this town… Fields the 4th time around we simply don’t need…
Junk Junk Junk, how about a decent anything … we have 2 good grocery stores and shoppers dollar rama and a half assed walmart we need shoe store anything but another fields

[quote=“jamesbrown”]I had to reread the title of this blog… could not believe it. We don’t need another retail dumping grounds in this town… Fields the 4th time around we simply don’t need…
Junk Junk Junk, how about a decent anything … we have 2 good grocery stores and shoppers dollar rama and a half assed walmart we need shoe store anything but another fields[/quote]

Like I said before, open up an IKEA store and people in the Northwest will flock to Rupert.

I’m pretty sure having a container port would make it possible.

[quote=“PLA”]

[quote=“jamesbrown”]I had to reread the title of this blog… could not believe it. We don’t need another retail dumping grounds in this town… Fields the 4th time around we simply don’t need…
Junk Junk Junk, how about a decent anything … we have 2 good grocery stores and shoppers dollar rama and a half assed walmart we need shoe store anything but another fields[/quote]

Like I said before, open up an IKEA store and people in the Northwest will flock to Rupert.

I’m pretty sure having a container port would make it possible.[/quote]

Sadly we can only dream …

Is it time for another round of “I’d rather have a … than …” already?

[quote=“PLA”]

I’m pretty sure having a container port would make it possible.[/quote]

Fat chance. I bet there isn’t an IKEA in the country that is located in a trading area of less than a million people.

Or was that sarcasm? Sometimes I can’t tell here.

Winnipeg?

Oh geez…

Smart people will never flock to PR because you are all a bunch of ungrateful losers. You knock everything .

We are smart here in Rupert which is why we do tend to knock some things, it’s called experience and insight! I am assuming you don’t live here? As far as Fields opening again, it didn’t do well first time around so are we knocking something unfairly, no !

It’s a business OPENING not CLOSING. We should all be happy.

SMRT!

Nice. This is your third post here on HTMF and you flame everyone living here. Please avoid posts like this. Thank you.

[quote=“codybear933”]

We are smart here in Rupert which is why we do tend to knock some things, it’s called experience and insight! I am assuming you don’t live here? As far as Fields opening again, it didn’t do well first time around so are we knocking something unfairly, no ![/quote]

The PR FIELDS was one of the chains best performing stores…it wasn’t closed from bad performance, it was closed because the entire franchise was being shuttered by HBC.

Also, if the store was doing so badly before why even open it again? Clearly the company that bought FIELDS is not opening all of the ones that were closed, so the fact that PR is getting one of the stores is IMO clearly indicates how well the store performed before in this market.

Codybear, experience and insight? Don’t think so. I call it narrow mindedness and a lack of sophistication. If you weren’t so narrow minded and were welcoming, other businesses might want to open in town. Quit trying to chase them away. As long as you continue to knock, degrade and destroy what you have you’ll never have anything else.

And prpal, how right you are … Another business is OPENING and not CLOSING!

some people just settle for what they get… how about wanting better quality of things to come to Rupert… I am sick of left over shit from Fields, Wallmart seconds ( store has too many small departments…what a joke)… and NO more dollar stores!!! Zellers was great back in the days when I needed something and could actually find it in town. I heard half of Rupert was in Terrace shopping over Easter. Ya ya ya…nice drive, have lunch…but you really did need to go because you couldn’t find want you needed to buy here…Right !!! lol