Feeling kinda FUNNY?

The sun is going away, but don’t panic…

The Nigerian government, anxious to avoid a repeat of riots that marked a solar eclipse in 2001, warned citizens they may suffer “psychological discomfort” during a new eclipse this month but urged them not to panic.

Information Minister Frank Nweke said an eclipse five years ago caused riots in northern Borno state because people did not know why it happened.

“Some people even felt some evil people in their communities were responsible for the eclipse,” he said in a statement on Thursday aimed at reassuring Nigerians that the eclipse is expected to darken parts of the country on March 29.

“The eclipse is not expected to have any real damaging effect, only social and psychological discomforts are envisaged,” Nweke said.

He did not explain what the discomforts might be.

:open_mouth:

Is this the same Nigerian government that keeps wanting to deposit millions of dollars in my bank account if I agree to help them during the overthrow of their government (which seems to happen every 4 months or so)? Haven’t seen dime one yet. Don’t believe anything those bastards say.

Someone told me that Rupert has less sunlight than anywhere in the world. That can’t be true. Less than Alaska or the Arctic? I’m afraid.

Nixie, Actual ‘Sunlight’ is very diffrent from Daylight hours. One of the causes for this difference is cloud cover and amount of rainfall. Are you sure you wanna move here? Maybe you should do more research.

According to Weather Winners, Prince Rupert is #1 in Canada for The Coolest Summer, Wettest City, Rainiest City, Most Wet Days, Most Very Wet Days (25 mm or more,) Least Sunshine Year Round, Fewest Sunny Days Year Round, Greatest Average Pressure Difference, and Cloudiest Skies Year Round.

Honestly… that’s really not that bad. If you hate snow, Rupert is the place for you!

http://www.on.ec.gc.ca/weather/winners/intro-e.html

atleast we’re #1 at something other than teen pregnancy

Too funny. We also have less sunlight because everyone is so mad.

Except for today that is…