Fall elections

I hope Pond does run…he has my vote 100% if he does…we need someone who can sell this city and no one did a better job of that in recent years than Pond!

[quote=“Soggy”]
I would never vote for Pond. He’s more secretive than the rest put together. He’s just cleverer at hiding his own shenanigans. It would be just same old same old again.[/quote]

In retrospect Pond was far more secretive than Scott, who would have my vote if he ran again. But Mussallem and Bedard both spoke against councillor Ashley’s motion that more information be provided about the topics discussed at the 5pm closed sessions, with the other councillors supporting the motion. So who is more secretive, Pond, Mussallem or Bedard? Tough call I would say.

Love this discussion! but want to correct the comment about Bedard being able to run because she is a taxpayer in Rupert. This is completely untrue. The fact is, pretty much ANYONE can run for a position on Prince Rupert council (or any other place). Just need to be a Canadian citizen and over 18 and have lived in BC for a certain amount of time. There is no requirement to live in Prince Rupert or to own property in Prince Rupert. These requirements apply to those who can VOTE in the election, not who can RUN for office.

Thanks for the clarification, Kittie.

Does anybody know how you register in advance to vote for the municipal and school board elections? I’ve always registered on the day of voting, but I’m wondering if it’s possible to register earlier?

You should have no problem voting in the advance poll, just show up with your ID… It used to be that you could only vote in the advance poll if you had a good reason, now it is open to all. I believe the advance poll will be held Wednesday Nov. 9, I’m not completely sure.