Eviction of CN, Sport Fishermen, Logging companies...?

I believe this is the article referenced. Yes, interesting to see what happens…tomorrow is the deadline.

theglobeandmail.com/news/bri … e19897595/

I believe tomorrow is quite possibly the day action is going to take place. This could get ugly.

Oh? Is there more information regarding this? Just hearsay? Curious.

Global BC has a story about it tonight.

So since I am caucasian I won’t be able to fish on China bar ?

Who is really going to stop everyone from fishing the Skeena ?

I agree

globalnews.ca/news/1493648/gitxs … territory/

So they are going to try and stop CN from operating in this area…get the RCMP there to remove these fools…they can’t take a railway hostage like this…ridiculous.

Yes, it certainly is a mess up there, with some of the hereditary chiefs through their “negotiator”, Ms Percival, fabricating an issue by talking about “evicting” CN to demonstrate why “reconciliation is needed”, supposedly because lands have been taken away and given to Kitselas and Kitsumkalum by a treaty.

Funny thing is that according to the BC Treaty Commission no agreements have been reached with those communities other than about negotiation procedures, the last document being signed in 1997. bctreaty.ca/nations/tsimshian.php

Another irony is that Ms Percival talks about the Tsilquotin decision, but the Tsilquotin is a counter-example to her approach: they went to court and after years won recognition of aboriginal title to part of their territory. That didn’t confirm anyone else’s title other than their own. The decision provides a road map about how to prove aboriginal title in court, for those that want to take that route.

The court did not rule out economic development so long as everyone benefits, which seems to be what the BC government is seeking to do by offering a pipeline agreement to the Gitxsan.

My other thought is that the Gitxsan are very divided. That was clear from the Globe and Mail article cited earlier and from other reports going way back. It’s important to keep that in mind.

I don’t think that Ms Percival has the support, for instance, of Elmer Derrick who is on the Port Authority board, and who has tried to negotiate a treaty, but from what I understand has faced law suits and an occupation of the treaty society office from the same group. The judge told them to change the treaty society from within if they don’t like its’ direction, but that apparently is too difficult.

It would be interesting to know how many people Ms Percival really represents, and also of course, who signs her pay check and where the money comes from.

That aside, what are Ms Percival and her supporters going to do to “enforce” their notice? Kill people? maim them? destroy their property? cause hardship and pain among their families and bad feelings among ordinary citizens for generations to come?

Sometimes it’s best to just ignore people rather than give them an audience.

I would like to know what the Gitxsan hope to accomplish by doing this. How is it determined which territory belongs to which nation when they border each other. I’ve been told its not about money. Well if its not about money what do they want in return for allowing CN, loggers and sports fishermen to resume being able to be there.

Setting up a state similar to 1988-2008 era Taiwan, or better yet, Zimbabwe.

Here’s an update on a confusing situation with the Gitxsan, represented by Ms Percival, the “negotiator” who apparently does not want to or does not know how to negotiate, issuing an “eviction notice” to CN, then reversing the decision.

northcoastreview.blogspot.ca/201 … force.html

What’s in it for the Gitsxan? Hard to say. There does not seem to be a consensus. For Ms Percival it’s probably more about gaining profile and trying to justify her position and whatever pay check comes with it.

8 hour blockade, but there weren’t any scheduled trains.

cbc.ca/m/news/#!/content/1.2729188/

[quote=“BTravenn”]Here’s an update on a confusing situation with the Gitxsan, represented by Ms Percival, the “negotiator” who apparently does not want to or does not know how to negotiate, issuing an “eviction notice” to CN, then reversing the decision.

northcoastreview.blogspot.ca/201 … force.html

What’s in it for the Gitsxan? Hard to say. There does not seem to be a consensus. For Ms Percival it’s probably more about gaining profile and trying to justify her position and whatever pay check comes with it.[/quote]

She’s with the reading railroad and is trying to take over CN in a coup with the hat and the thimble. Makes about as much sense as this eviction bullshit and she has about as much right as a hat and thimble to do so. I hope CN just keeps the trains running right over their dumb asses.