Enbridge support (apparently)

There is a landowners association being formed for people along the route. I don’t know if it’s for people with land that could be affected or for ones that the pipeline actually crosses. I will find out and post more.

A Path to Canada That No One Will Recognize is the title of a new anti-Enbridge pipeline ad done by Lush cosmetics co. You can see it on Youtube if you put in “Enbridge Spoof ad by Lush”. Its a feel-good moment for when you’re feeling alone on this issue.

northerngateway.ca/news-and- … eway-blogs

And I suppose Lush doesn’t use petroleum products. They transport their product by horse and buggy and sail boats.

Yhea, and they probably breathe clean air and drink unpolluted water as well!

I’m willing to bet real cash money that Lush’s use of petroleum products doesn’t depend on a bitumen pipeline to send crude to China.

They’re probably using gas that was refined in Canada, even.

Do you really believe those are the only two choices? A crude pipeline through Northern BC, or horse and buggy? Seriously? That’s the level of debate?

No, it was just a sarcastic remark directed to a company that takes this holier than thou attitude, when they are really just trying to get some favorable press out of it.

Holier than thou? Lush is holier than thou for producing an anti-pipeline commercial? Hmm. If its aired in Alberta they might be called sacrilegious, or financially suicidal.
We don’t need this bitumen pipeline. Refine it in Alberta, or Ontario, not China. Northwest B.C. already exports enough: raw logs, fish, coal, even our families and many of our youth. Cross bitumen off the list.

Lush likes to make these big public grandstands to draw attention to themselves, like their position on the Palestinian people, yet they don’t mind doing business in countries like Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, etc. It is all for publicity.

I am leaning against the Northern Gateway Pipeline, but not because some fucking soap company tells me to. That commercial is nothing but propaganda.

We are a country of resource exporters, and there is always risk. The only question is, will the benefit outweigh the risk, and so far I haven’t been convinced it will.

theprovince.com/business/Poi … story.html

another oil spill pipeline yesterday by Enbridge in alberta , thanx but no thanx Enbridge. refine your oil in alberta

It is true that the 60% includes the Metis, and though I am Metis, I agree with Mr Sterritt. I think it’s chippy that Enbridge included Metis as part of Aboriginal support. Also, I think it’s pretty oppotunistic of the Metis to agree to anything with Enbrige.

Great! First they screw up my birthplace, now they want to screw up my retirement.

I just read a blurb on CBC that the hearing in Edmonton was cancelled do too lack of interest…not surpised by this even tho its summer.

WTF have the Metis got to do with the pipeline? Enbridge is just clawing for pc brownie points.

Enbridge is almost laughable when they say stuff like we are working on our issues and expect us to chance our lifestyle as they work things out. Not like they been doing well for the last 20 years and still get a bum rap when they had in actuality cleaned up their act.
This was from an incident 2 years ago, and as we know they had several screw ups since,

"A scathing government investigation into a devastating oil spill on Michigan’s Kalamazoo River found the pipeline company overlooked danger signs for five years before the accident and handled their response like the “Keystone Cops”.

The July 2010 rupture of the Enbridge pipeline caused the most damaging onshore oil spill in US history, poisoning 35 miles of waterway and exposing 320 people to crude oil. Clean-up costs were more than $800m.

The US National Transportation Board said in presenting its report on Wednesday that accident could have been avoided, and accused Enbridge of overlooking warning signs of corrosion, cracks, and thinning metal in the pipeline that first emerged in 2004.

Board members also accused the Calgary-based company of botching their response to the oil spill, allowing more than 1m gallons of crude to gush into the Kalamazoo River.

“When we were examining Enbridge’s poor handling to their response to this rupture you can’t help but think of the Keystone Cops,” the board chairperson, Deborah Hersman said.

It took 17 hours before the company took action – despite multiple alarms, and reports from the public of a strong gas smell.

“Why didn’t they recognise what was happening and what took so long?” she said.

Even more damning for Enbridge were the technical reports from investigators which found the company had failed to properly maintain the pipeline. “For five years they did nothing to address corrosion or cracking at the rupture site and the problem festered,” the board was told."

To be honest I was always pro-pipline… i was for jobs and economic prosperity…

after enbridges track history…in the past 2 years…they are spilling mass amounts of cruse in a single spill…

latest albera spill estimates the 140,000 barrrels of oil was spilt…with every barrel at about $60 a barrel…

good bye enbridge…go away…pipeline is done as your a douche bag organization…with little regard for the communities you currently

occupy land with

too many spills.above horrble proportions…with poor response times…

you have sunk yourself…

[quote=“mcsash”]To be honest I was always pro-pipline… i was for jobs and economic prosperity…

after enbridges track history…in the past 2 years…they are spilling mass amounts of cruse in a single spill…

latest albera spill estimates the 140,000 barrrels of oil was spilt…with every barrel at about $60 a barrel…

good bye enbridge…go away…pipeline is done as your a douche bag organization…with little regard for the communities you currently

occupy land with

too many spills.above horrble proportions…with poor response times…

you have sunk yourself…[/quote]

I have a friend who is very high ranking in the oil and gas industry in Alberta. Recently, I spoke to him and asked for his opinion on the Gateway pipeline. I expected to hear him express his support for the oil and gas industry but was surprised when he said that he was strongly opposed. He said that if the project goes ahead it will be piped directly from the ground straight out to the BC coast resulting in the closure of oil refineries.

It reminds me of the forest industry and how sawmills have closed while raw logs are being exported. This, along with Enbridges spill issues, have made me an opponent of this project.