Enbridge project

The majority government I believe will look favourably on the Enbridge project - meaning that if this project is approved through the JRP panel there is little chance that the government would overturn it.

I totally believe that this project will go thru. Its from Alberta, Stephen Harper’s province. I don’t know if we will be able to prevent this from happening.

For those who would like to participate in the review follow the link:

gatewaypanel.review-examen.gc.ca … index.html

For a bit of educational reading on the dangers of pipelines take a read of the following recent news reports

On PinHole Leaks in a Pipeline
calgaryherald.com/news/Pipel … story.html

Larger recent Pipeline Leaks
globaltvedmonton.com/Health+ … story.html

Enbridge’s Safety Record
myhaircares.com/Michigan_infosheet_BW_FINAL.pdf - From our friends at Enbridge

thetyee.ca/News/2010/07/31/EnbridgeDirtyDozen/

On the MisInformation that is spread by the Oil Industry
bclocalnews.com/bc_north/nor … 78139.html

Are only the Looney Lefties against Pipelines and Tankers… A word from a popular Conservative Commentator
pacificfreepress.com/news/1/ … -vote.html

I unfortunately agree with you that the odds of Harper pushing this pipeline through the farce of an environmental assessment is now substantial. Remember though, we have the example of MAHATMA GANDHI to follow when rulers defy the will of the people.

[quote=“Speakuppr”]

For a bit of educational reading on the dangers of pipelines take a read of the following recent news reports

On PinHole Leaks in a Pipeline
calgaryherald.com/news/Pipel … story.html

Larger recent Pipeline Leaks
globaltvedmonton.com/Health+ … story.html

Enbridge’s Safety Record
myhaircares.com/Michigan_infosheet_BW_FINAL.pdf - From our friends at Enbridge

thetyee.ca/News/2010/07/31/EnbridgeDirtyDozen/

On the MisInformation that is spread by the Oil Industry
bclocalnews.com/bc_north/nor … 78139.html

Are only the Looney Lefties against Pipelines and Tankers… A word from a popular Conservative Commentator
pacificfreepress.com/news/1/ … -vote.html

I unfortunately agree with you that the odds of Harper pushing this pipeline through the farce of an environmental assessment is now substantial. Remember though, we have the example of MAHATMA GANDHI to follow when rulers defy the will of the people.[/quote]

So now that a potential pipeline is our backyard, and we’re to be opposed, then we all have to give up driving automobiles and heating our homes I guess?

And that relates to sending oil over to China how? Moving oil around the world rather that producing it and using it domestically is hardly a call for stopping the use of automobiles and heating fuel… although the 1.6 billion we give to the Tar Sands Oil Companies could be used to find alternative methods of heating our Northern Homes and finding alternative fuels / methods for personal transportation.

And as a resident of Prince Rupert, you already know how many times we’ve stopped heating our homes when the gas pipeline breaks.

Great turn out for the rally against this project in Rupert nice job everyone.