Email from Herb Pond

I’m voting Pond for mayor, because I happened to participate in some sort of Celtic jig with him tonight.

Myers and Bowles are my only fer-shure council votes right now I think. I’ll pick some other ones at random when I get down there tomorrow, depending on my state of hungoveriety, which the forecast calls for lots of.

Are you saying that your reasons for choosing a particular candidate are better than mine?

Hey, for dudes like me who like to get an entire campaign’s worth of info in the 10 minutes spent waiting in line to cast a ballot, what all are we voting on tomorrow? Mayor, council, and school trustees I know, but is there anything else on the agenda that I should bring up around the ol’ water cooler tomorrow?

[quote=“Eso”]

Are you saying that your reasons for choosing a particular candidate are better than mine?[/quote]

Yup…it’s called issues

Mitch is young but has the right stuff I believe and he is willing to face the so called big boys, I was impressed by who I met. The only thing that I heard about him is he never locked his locker in school so I hope he will lock up the city hall when he is finished work.

I know we all think that Tony briglio is a crook, But thats his personal life. I think that we all need to sit back and look at what he wants for this town. He wants big box stores to come in. Tony is a very smart man, and will push for what he wants. He wants money…Box stores bring him money. Population brings him money. So wouldn’t it be wise to try and vote him into counsil? Because of the fact that he wants growth for prince rupert? think about it…he pushes hard to make things happen…maybe its for a selfish reason, but if it works, use it.

i dunno man
a vote to me is a endorsement of a certain person, im not just gonna spray my votes around like a machine gun, picking my targets at the last minute.

so i voted for just a couple people on the ballot. im not gonna endorse anyone who im not comfortable with.

So who did you spray?

If I was of age to vote, I would most likely vote Herb Pond for mayor.

I just cannot imagine Gloria Rendell being “fiscally accountable”.

[quote=“molten universe”]i dunno man
a vote to me is a endorsement of a certain person, im not just gonna spray my votes around like a machine gun, picking my targets at the last minute.

so i voted for just a couple people on the ballot. im not gonna endorse anyone who im not comfortable with.[/quote]

I hear that, man.

I actually don’t know, or really care, what any particular candidates stance are on the so-called “big issues”. I just voted for a few peeps that I know personally, and respect as good dudes.

Bonus points if he brings a +1 Mace to Council sittings.

Yeah, the issues that they preach about before the election, then quickly forget about after it’s all over.