Election thread

I guess because the elections Monday we have to shut up and be non partisan tomorrow. So last chance to rant:

COMING MONDAY: PERFECT GOVERNMENT, HANDICAPPED MINORITY THAT MUST SEEK CONSENSUS. APPEASES THE RIGHT AND CAN DO NO HARM OR IT COMMITTS SUICIDE. TUNE IN FOR ELECTION II COMING 2005!!!

GO NATHAN
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

EVERYONE: VOTE EARLY AND VOTE OFTEN, JUST VOTE

This public service announcement has been brought to you by the Conservative Party of Canada.

http://menino.com/photos/albums/2004-june/normal_IMG_0083.JPG

Speaking of not voting for the reform party:

Harper Will ‘Bushize’ Canada, Nader Says

Filmmaker Michael Moore worried about a Conservative government in Canada

Party Leaders fight for West votes in final days

Fahrenheit 9/11 filmmaker burns Harper

I think the West will have the deciding votes on who is going to form the government, it won’t be over until all the votes are counted this time.

My name is Miguel Borges, and I approved this message.

Oh yeah, before I forget: Fahrenheit 9/11 Torrent file. Cam version, crappy audio, a bit cropped, but it’s here. Probably get a nice DVD/screener rip in a few days.

These torrents are so for us people that are too lazy to go to the movies.

They have all the same annoyances as the movies, the people with the big hair sitting in front of you, annoying candy-wrapper noises, and people walking in front of the screen.

I suggested that these results would follow from the assumption that the appearance of parasitic gaps in domains relatively inaccessible to ordinary extraction does not affect the structure of problems of phonemic and morphological analysis. Clearly, the natural general principle that will subsume this case may remedy and, at the same time, eliminate the ultimate standard that determines the accuracy of any proposed grammar. So far, this analysis of a formative as a pair of sets of features is unspecified with respect to an important distinction in language use. Presumably, the notion of level of grammaticalness cannot be arbitrary in a stipulation to place the constructions into these various categories. However, this assumption is not correct, since the earlier discussion of deviance is, apparently, determined by a descriptive fact.

Back on topic, right now, I think I’m actually going to vote for our NDP candidate, Nathan Cullen. Honestly, I don’t really like the NDP platform that much, but after meeting Nathan Cullen, he’s most likely got my vote.

Let’s break this down a bit:

Andy Burton: Never met him… in fact, I don’t think I’ve ever seen him in Prince Rupert ever. May still get my vote though.

Miles Richardson: A dumbass. Met him a few times, and he totally seemed like a dumbass to me. He didn’t ever really seem to understand his party’s platform. Will not get my vote for sure. In fact, he almost seemed to have a “Vote for me, I’m native” type of attitude to me.

Nathan Cullen: Met him at work a few times, and he was the best out of the candidates I met. He was as honest as a politican could be with me, and really seemed understand his platform. Right now, he’s probably got my vote.

I tend to agree with you. I did meet Andy Burton, seemed a capable candidate, but not cabinet material. Seemd too eager re ‘free votes’, and I feel they’re just a waste of Parliaments time with gut issues, nowhere to go except backwards.

100% agree on Miles. He visited the reserves here skipped the town meeting. Exactly what I’d heard thru the grapevine

Nathan only because NDP can only moderate the gov’t not form it. Last time I protest voted the Mulroney gov’t won in my riding by 3 or 4 votes. I wish I could take that vote back to this day. NDP also has adopted some policies I never thought they could, anti gun registry, elected senate, and proportional rep.

Get this: A CFO confided they would’ve voted Green if the candidate looked more ‘professional’ ! It was a former Alliance exec too!

What part of the NDP platform specifically do you not like, mrbios?

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]I guess because the elections Monday we have to shut up and be non partisan tomorrow. So last chance to rant:

COMING MONDAY: PERFECT GOVERNMENT, HANDICAPPED MINORITY THAT MUST SEEK CONSENSUS. APPEASES THE RIGHT AND CAN DO NO HARM OR IT COMMITTS SUICIDE. TUNE IN FOR ELECTION II COMING 2005!!!

GO NATHAN
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

EVERYONE: VOTE EARLY AND VOTE OFTEN, JUST VOTE[/quote]

Dude, I saw this picture earlier this week and your post reminded me of it.

BURN!

Welcome to HTMF, DAVE!

Do I have to change my avatar for election day?

Mostly the fact that they’ll rape up on taxes ever more than we already are.

How much tax did you pay last year?

You’ll find that the NDP actually wants you to pay less tax, and wants to make sure that those making millions don’t find loopholes so they don’t pay any taxes.

[quote=“Anonymous”]How much tax did you pay last year?

You’ll find that the NDP actually wants you to pay less tax, and wants to make sure that those making millions don’t find loopholes so they don’t pay any taxes.[/quote]

Middle income single people will pay more. Which means I will pay more. Which is okay if it means we don’t lose important government services.

Right now, the “no federal tax” limit is around $6800 or so (not sure about the exact figure). Anything you make over that will be taxed.

The NDP wants to put that at $15000. If you make less than $15000, you pay no federal taxes. They would also remove GST from “essential items.” They would index the tax brackets. There would be no increases except on the top of those brackets.

Nothing wrong with that.

http://danielle.menino.com/NDP.jpg

Is that some sort of abstract art? Oh wait… it’s just a really crappy picture when it’s humungous. Looks better on your site Danielle.

Crappy camera. Kodak LS443.

[quote=“Dave”]Dude, I saw this picture earlier this week and your post reminded me of it.

http://maddox.xmission.com/keyboard4.jpg[/quote]

I was ranting. Actually I use a more drastic measure. At work, i took the needle nose and tore off the caps lock & insert/delete keys and jumped up and down on the pieces. But I won’t do that to my laptop…