Election results available at

The City of Prince Rupert has a web page set up for tonight’s vote totals as the results are released at 8 PM.

Follow along at home by checking the City’s home page for the election portal below.

elections.princerupert.ca

Of course, we hope some of you check out the blog as well for some background on events from tonight. :wink:

northcoastreview.blogspot.ca/201 … ds-of.html

Thanks CM Hays et al. Your insights during this election (and on other topics) have been invaluable.

Thank you! We are but at the service of our community!

Looks like a spurt in the turn out for this years vote

As of 7 PM 4179 votes have been cast already better than the 2011 totals of 3184

northcoastreview.blogspot.ca/201 … -8-pm.html

Party like a politician?

From what we’ve divined from their Facebook pages, there are two Political gatherings we know of thus far.

Lee Brain at the OV

and

Blair Mirau at the Breaker’s Loft…

Your chance to bend an elbow with the candidates as they await and await and await the results

Know any others out there?

expected the start of results by now Vancouver has their acclaimed mayor on Global

Yes it would appear that the vote tabulator counts at the same speed as humans after all

[quote=“CharlesMHays”]The City of Prince Rupert has a web page set up for tonight’s vote totals as the results are released at 8 PM.

Follow along at home by checking the City’s home page for the election portal below.

elections.princerupert.ca

l[/quote]

I was all set to watch the bar graphs slowly creep across the screen as the votes were counted. I am disappoint.

According to the CBC’s Carolina de Ryk of Daybreak North, Lee Brain has been elected Mayor of Prince Rupert.

Though no results have been posted to the city election website yet

Wow this kid is going to win.

[quote=“CharlesMHays”]According to the CBC’s Carolina de Ryk of Daybreak North, Lee Brain has been elected Mayor of Prince Rupert.

Though no results have been posted to the city election website yet[/quote]

I think you need to refresh your browser. I see the results there. :smile:

Congrats Lee!

[quote=“MiG”]

[quote=“CharlesMHays”]According to the CBC’s Carolina de Ryk of Daybreak North, Lee Brain has been elected Mayor of Prince Rupert.

Though no results have been posted to the city election website yet[/quote]

I think you need to refresh your browser. I see the results there. :smile:

Congrats Lee![/quote]

in deed now how do we get other results

Just leave the page open, and it will show you the other results.

Brain by a landslide, Kinney and Thorkelson placed 6th and 5th for council, Ashley and Garon defeated. Mirau, Cunningham, Niesh, Randhawa elected.

tony briglio didnt win? that bites.

Very happy except about Anna but wow great changes on council

Is there any news of the vote in Port Edward ?

To Lee Brain:

Please don’t stiffle industrial development by focusing on a fear based, environmentally focused mandate. We need increased tax revenue. Blame that on previous councils for spending money they didn’t have and for not adequately planning. The world is at our doorstep. Keep the door open. I’m one of apparently few that are worried about you. Please prove me wrong.

What are we thinking when we vote AnnaA out of office?

And to all of you who so badly wanted to see change - way to go to re-elect the only Councillor who was part of te Council and voted to spend Skeena Cellulose money that we would never see. Those who came in to try and clean up the mess (Jack, Anna, Gina) unfairly paid the price.

[quote=“Crazy Train”]To Lee Brain:

Please don’t stiffle industrial development by focusing on a fear based, environmentally focused mandate. We need increased tax revenue. Blame that on previous councils for spending money they didn’t have and for not adequately planning. The world is at our doorstep. Keep the door open. I’m one of apparently few that are worried about you. Please prove me wrong.

What are we thinking when we vote AnnaA out of office?[/quote]

I think a lot of us want the environment kept in check in these projects we want work but not at any cost to the environment Lee will keep this stuff in check