Election Day

Congratulations Ruth Ellen Brosseau, for winning your seat by being on vacation in Los Vegas!

I am not thrilled with this outcome, but, this is what democracy is all about. The people decide. Prime Minister Harper has four years to implement his party platform. We in all likelihood won’t have another election until October 2015.

I am pumped that the NDP at this point in the evening have over 100 seats in parliament and Nathan Cullen is re-elected. This is a historic day for the NDP. :smile:

That is awesome! :smile:

I wonder what’s the voter turnout for this election. I understand the Red Tory vote fled to the current incarnation of the Conservatives all thanks to their fear of the Orange Surge. But I’m glad the Orange Surge managed to destroy Duceppe and the BQ though.

Thank you NDP for destroying the BQ. ~ Liberal voter.

[quote=“hitest”]
I am not thrilled with this outcome, but, this is what democracy is all about. The people decide. Prime Minister Harper has four years to implement his party platform. We in all likelihood won’t have another election until October 2015.

I am pumped that the NDP at this point in the evening have over 100 seats in parliament and Nathan Cullen is re-elected. This is a historic day for the NDP. :smile:[/quote]

True. True. I guess there is always the chance Harper may step down or be subject to extortion forcing him to step down. hahah! What? :smiley: I wonder how the next few years of Canada-USA relations will play out with the recent cable-grams leaked from WikiLeaks concerning Harper? Surely, he must be a little sore at the Yanks for thinking of him as anything but the shining light of Canada-USA deep integration and the CanAmerica force.

I’m not usually one to say it but, if we seen a PM Coupe de Grace I wouldn’t be shocked, outraged or irritated.

She got elected beating a three times Bloc MP. And it seems that her French isn’t that good while her riding is 97% francophone. If this isn’t the ultimate proof that a lot of Quebec voters are now tired of the Bloc and it’s separatist agenda then I don’t know what is. Hopefully this same message will appear at their next provincial election and put the PQ in trouble.

The main problems I see with Harper having a majority is the status of universal health care and the climate change denial.

It’s good to see the NDP becoming a truly national party.

Congrats to the Greens for getting a seat. Harper must be pumped because now the Greens will now get more airtime and further split the vote.

I am far from happy with the results. In fact I left the TV once the majority was announced.

So we have a conservative majority. Not too pleased there.

We have an NDP opposition. Pleased there. However, as much as it was great to see the Bloc decimated, about half (don’t have the official numbers in front of me) of NDP members come from Quebec. Let’s see how that pans out in caucus.

And just because the Bloc is dead doesn’t mean sovereignty is dead. Harper with hardly any representatives from Quebec won’t necessarily give Quebec what it wants and the NDP can’t. Not saying that either should, but we have just seen how quickly Quebec turned on the Bloc. Will it swing back to the Parti Quebecois in a provincial election. The PQ is far more dangerous to national unity than the Bloc.

And again, I don’t have the official numbers in front of me, but from what I gathered in early returns the Conservatives were doing quite well in BC. How will that translate in the next provincial election.

At least I’m up playing poker.

Vae Victis. Woe to the defeated.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA…BREATHE…HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA…BREATHE…HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA…BREATHE…HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA…BREATHE…HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA…BREATHE…HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA…BREATHE…

Polls from Prince Rupert are among the last to be coming in for the riding, they are being called in as we speak.

Cullen (NDP) still leading with 58%. Harmon (CON) in second with 32%.

Liberals have not even cracked 900 votes in the riding…

Thanks and “good.” I’m quite leary of Liberalshinanegans in 2011. Hey, did they fire Colin Hansen or relegate his job role to “janitorial” yet?

YEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAA