Election Day

Let us all get out and vote today. :smile:

You may vote from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. at:

Jim Ciccone Civic Centre
1000 McBride Street
Prince Rupert

Yes everyone should get out and vote today.

As a frustrated Liberal supporter, I am voting Conservative today, totally a strategic vote as the Liberals have no chance of winning in this riding and I would rather cut off my arm than vote for the NDP, so Conservative it is.

[quote=“bthedog”]Yes everyone should get out and vote today.

As a frustrated Liberal supporter, I am voting Conservative today, totally a strategic vote as the Liberals have no chance of winning in this riding and I would rather cut off my arm than vote for the NDP, so Conservative it is.[/quote]

Do you really think the Conservatives have a chance at winning in this riding? Highly doubt the race will be even remotely close.

Well, I got out and voted today. Crutches and all. If you haven’t yet, what’s your excuse? :stuck_out_tongue:

I took my kidlet to vote, he asked what I was doing, so I told him that I was voting on who I think should be the boss of Canada. He thinks its awesome that our country has a boss…now he wants to “grow up to be the boss of Canada” I tried explaining that the official title is Prime Minister, but he seems to think Boss sounds better :smile:

[quote=“chookie”]

As a frustrated Liberal supporter, I am voting Conservative today, totally a strategic vote as the Liberals have no chance of winning in this riding and I would rather cut off my arm than vote for the NDP, so Conservative it is.[/quote]

Do you really think the Conservatives have a chance at winning in this riding? Highly doubt the race will be even remotely close.[/quote]

It doesnt matter whether or not they have a chance… you CHOOSE who you want to vote for. You’re not supossed to vote for who you think your neighbours are voting for, or who you think will win…

Just dont get how a Liberal could vote for Harper. Harper has villanized Iggy and the Liberals for years and is the reason the Libs are where they are. I would vote Liberal if they had a candidate that at least was from here, but the last person I would vote for is Harper.

I think you give too much credit to Mr. Harper. The Liberals are in the mess they are in today because they don’t know what they stand for anymore, nor it seems do they even know who stands for them (yes that’s a dig at the local candidate for UBC). Until they figure out what they believe in and how to present it they will seemingly wander in the political wilderness, tonight but the start of that journey one imagines.

There are Liberals that are of the centre, Liberals that lean to the right, they probably shift their vote for now to the Conservatives, those that tend to lean to the left of the Liberal spectrum will go to the NDP.

Regardless, far too many years of taking the vote for granted probably brought them to their destiny today.

LOL! As an equally frustrated Liberal supporter, I still voted for the Liberals (in the Vancouver-Kingsway riding). Why risk voting for somebody like the Conservatives who stands against anything Canadians love and cherish?

Going ndp,

Who do I contact for a ride to the voting center? In Prince Rupert?

pretty much a done deal that the conservatives will win,just for fun going to give a breakdown of my seat projections

Conservatives 150
NDP 85
Liberals 50
Bloc 25

For rides to go vote: 250 627 7528

[quote=“chookie”]pretty much a done deal that the conservatives will win,just for fun going to give a breakdown of my seat projections

Conservatives 150
NDP 85
Liberals 50
Bloc 25[/quote]

Interesting prediction! We will know in a few hours. The polls close in 50 minutes. Get out and vote people. :smile:

[quote=“chookie”]

Do you really think the Conservatives have a chance at winning in this riding? Highly doubt the race will be even remotely close.[/quote]

No I don’t think the Conservatives will win this riding, but they have been the 2nd place finisher consistently and as a right-leaning Liberal, I felt my vote perhaps would have a little more impact if it was thrown behind the Conservatives.

Liberals are in the mess they are due to their own accord IMO. When they get their act together and bring on a leader that I truly believe in, then my vote will go back to the Liberals and it looks like many Liberals are responding the same way right across Canada (right leaning going to Conservatives and left-leaning going to NDP)

GLOBAL and CBC calling a Conservative Majority!

well we got Harper majority looks like

Wow! Duceppe and Ignatieff both loose their seats.

Bye bye traitors (BQ).

Edit:

LOL GILLES DUCEPPE IS OUT.

I can’t believe we are turning into the US of A. The vast majority of representatives we have in Ottawa will either lean far right or far left. Heaven help us all. I can’t wait for the rancor to start.

I cannot believe Canada gave Harper a majority government. Strict partisan politics and all-but-circumventing democracy tactics are what we vote in these days? What is this country coming to? :frowning: