Eastwind no longer a Rogers dealer?

So I got a letter in the mail from Rogers today. It informed me that the Loudring Wireless location I had purchased my phone through was no longer in operation as of Feb 3rd. Now, I know that Eastwind was actually using a contract from a store in Quesnel (per my contract - this so called 'Loudring Wireless that they speak of). Does this mean that they now have their own or they’ve dropped it all together or what?

Kind of confused, was wondering if anyone had heard anything.

[quote=“Aims”]So I got a letter in the mail from Rogers today. It informed me that the Loudring Wireless location I had purchased my phone through was no longer in operation as of Feb 3rd. Now, I know that Eastwind was actually using a contract from a store in Quesnel (per my contract - this so called 'Loudring Wireless that they speak of). Does this mean that they now have their own or they’ve dropped it all together or what?

Kind of confused, was wondering if anyone had heard anything.[/quote]

Yeah, I received the same letter. I’m not sure what it means.

My letter was dated 17 Feb 2012, announcing “that effective February 3rd, this location will no longer be in operation” A notcie dated 2 weeks fter the fact. ??

Welcome to rogers. I received a bill a week late dated 2 days before it was due they gave me a 25.00 late payment charge.

Citywest ??

"Here is an update regarding our move towards HSPA cellular service:

We are in active contract negotiations with a major national provider that, once concluded, would greatly enhance CityWest’s mobile services in the region.

The negotiations include the latest devices (iphones, ipads, android, and BB), and services.

The goal is to provide wider, more complete offering in our local area from Prince Rupert to Houston.

We will keep you posted as more news develops."

citywest.ca/latest_news/cellular_update

[quote=“katray”]Citywest ??

We are in active contract negotiations with a major national provider that, once concluded, would greatly enhance CityWest’s mobile services in the region.

The negotiations include the latest devices (iphones, ipads, android, and BB), and services.

The goal is to provide wider, more complete offering in our local area from Prince Rupert to Houston.

citywest.ca/latest_news/cellular_update[/quote]

Think that has been on the website for some time,I could be mistaken though.
Hope this pans out better than their plan to have iPhones before x-mas.

OH-MY-GOD, we’re going to have to deal with Citywest for our Rogers phones Now?

/life

[quote=“AndrewMorgan444”]OH-MY-GOD, we’re going to have to deal with Citywest for our Rogers phones Now?

/life[/quote]

Eastwind is still a Rogers dealer!!

[quote=“Speedy”]

[quote=“AndrewMorgan444”]OH-MY-GOD, we’re going to have to deal with Citywest for our Rogers phones Now?

/life[/quote]

Eastwind is still a Rogers dealer!![/quote]

Care to elaborate?

How to know East Wind Emporium is a Rogers Authorized Dealer or not?

1. Use this nifty powerful search engine: rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal … esidential

2. Or call 250 627 7960

Then report to HTMF so the poor people of Rupert stop getting confused over a cell phone letter.

Disclaimer: I’m a former Rupertite, so I will not do that for you.

Was at Eastwind today. My friend bought 3 phones and got the family plan. Rogers is alive and well at Eastwind

[quote=“PLA”]How to know East Wind Emporium is a Rogers Authorized Dealer or not?

1. Use this nifty powerful search engine: rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal … esidential

2. Or call 250 627 7960

Then report to HTMF so the poor people of Rupert stop getting confused over a cell phone letter.

Disclaimer: I’m a former Rupertite, so I will not do that for you.[/quote]

Hmmm… well, according to fancy search engine thingie it isn’t. But then again, it would have never shown it because it was registered as a store in Quesnel.

Meh. Was after hours when I made the thread originally or else I probably would have just called. Was mainly just curious if anyone knew what it was about - like if something had happened. I prefer to deal with Rogers directly regardless so not really that big of a deal.

[quote=“katray”]Citywest ??

citywest.ca/latest_news/cellular_update[/quote]

This is never happening, Citywest is such a joke. Their “new” phones are Blackberries that were released in 2008!

I was so happy to ditch them and go with TELUS, wonderful customer service and reasonable contracts.

That announcement is almost 6 months old. Did anything ever come of it?

Citywest looked into it, they asked around and the citizens of prince rupert do not want new phones and are content with empty promises which citywest is very happy to provide.