Eagle's BLuff

[quote=“smartass”]

Frances has better typing skills than that.

Guitargrrl could be Frances though… so you still aren’t safe Nomadic Man.[/quote]

I think you right on that one! But who knows after all she is a English major.

Hey hoshq,

There must be some run on the Skeena right now, but if you drive down the highway you can get a great shot of tall trees with like 15/25 eagles in it.

[quote=“dylan”]Hey hoshq,

There must be some run on the Skeena right now, but if you drive down the highway you can get a great shot of tall trees with like 15/25 eagles in it.[/quote]

Yeah, I saw that last week. Not a run, but rather the remains of some dead animal a hunter left near the road (about 30m in).

http://www.hoshq.com/d70/006/18.jpg

No no, its something else now, theres huge flocks of seagulls and everything all diving into the water.

I prefer the Eagles over a Flock of Seagulls …

The oolichans are running right now… that’s why all the birds are around there.

Okay, am I the only one who pictures a bunch of fish wearing jogging shoes and shorts running? I realize to describe fish as “running” is proper, but it’s funny. :laughing:

[quote=“Dave”]

Okay, am I the only one who pictures a bunch of fish wearing jogging shoes and shorts running? I realize to describe fish as “running” is proper, but it’s funny. :laughing:[/quote]

No… you aren’t the only one. Tourists once asked me why they saw so many birds over the Skeena on their trip here. I told them the oolichans were running, and they asked if the birds were running with them or just watching.

I wasn’t really sure if they were seriously confused or not… until they both started laughing and said they “just had to ask.”

Heh, I always thought people were saying “hooligans” … so I imagined a really passionate soccer game between Terrace and Rupert:

Full of old, english men.

Did someone say Olde English?

How predictable, A flock of seagulls running after the oolichans!

Where’s punjabi rap when you need it?

[quote=“hoshq”]

[quote=“dylan”]Hey hoshq,

There must be some run on the Skeena right now, but if you drive down the highway you can get a great shot of tall trees with like 15/25 eagles in it.[/quote]

Yeah, I saw that last week. Not a run, but rather the remains of some dead animal a hunter left near the road (about 30m in).

http://www.hoshq.com/d70/006/18.jpg[/quote]

My husband is a photographer and he goes out all the skeena during this time to take close ups of eagles flying down and catching the fish. =Bring lots of film should you go.

Alright then, looks like I’m going for a drive today!

Film? What’s that?

yeah it’s strange up there, I love it. I grew up in northern ontario but have been in Calgary for the last 8 years and moved up to Rupert Dec 1st 2004. I’m actually back in calgary right now taking come classes and it’s a shock to be back, the air smells bad, there’s way too many ppl (most are quite rude) and the noise pollution has kept me from sleeping much since I got in. Took about three months to get about 80% of the big city life out of me and I don’t miss it at all :smiley:

Anyways, I think it’s pretty strange that there’s even an issue with this eagle bluff thing. If the vision for rupert is building on the tourist industry then why is there so much industrial junk around cow bay? Nobody wants to see that kind of garbage when they first step off a boat, I think it’d be much more benefitial for the city to re-zone some the industrial stuff in that area too the tourist based stuff, make a zig-zag loop of streets with shops and info on guided out-door stuff up too the sunken gardens and the museam. There are lots of places for the eagles to live and to be viewd, I’ve learned that after living there for a few months. But Before moving up there I’ve never seen one and the first few times I thought it was the greatest thing in the world :smiley: That little hill with a few birds living on it surrounded by shops for tourists to spend money and be excited really should be a no brainer. Thats just my thoughts on this tho.

You realize that now all 3 of my siblings post on this website.

I wish I could still edit other peoples posts…

[quote=“hoshq”]
Film? What’s that?[/quote]

Richard is shivering right now without knowing why.

What’s the dealy?

I done did upload with the Wizord twice (same picture on account of it didn’t work the first time) but it still done hasn’t uploaded?

Wierd…

The photo was called bluff.bmp if it means sompin’…

High Five on making the webpage playing musak!

Richard is shivering right now without knowing why.

Poor thing. And he thought it was just the cold dry air of Fort St. John . .