E.T. vs God

… And feel frre to debate… :imp:

How about another choice: I don’t know, and I don’t care.

1. The existence of a Supreme Being is unknown and unknowable.

To believe in the existence of a god is an act of faith. To believe in the nonexistence of a god is likewise an act of faith. There is no verifiable evidence that there is a Supreme Being nor is there verifiable evidence there is not a Supreme Being. Faith is not knowledge. We can only state with assurance that we do not know.

1. If there is a Supreme Being, then that being appears to act as if apathetic to events in our universe.

All events in our Universe, including its beginning[1], can be explained with or without the existence of a Supreme Being. Thus, if there is indeed a God, then that god has had no more impact than no god at all. To all appearances, any purported Supreme Being is indifferent to our Universe and to its inhabitants.

1. We are apathetic to the existence or nonexistence of a Supreme Being.

If there is a God, and that God does not appear to care, then there is no reason to concern ourselves with whether or not a Supreme Being exists, nor should we have any interest in satisfying the purported needs of that Supreme Being. However, our apathy to the question of God’s existence does not necessarily mean we are apathetic about promoting agnosticism.

UCTAA Come and join us!

LOL! The Google ad at the bottom of the page said: “So many guns, so little time. Make each bullet count.”

What of you believed Aliens were Gods? Sort of Ra, the sun god. Uh oh. This thread will definitely start some lively debate.

Religion is about the unknowable and unprovable.  It’s about faith.

Science and reason is about what can be known and what can be tested. 

They don’t overlap.  Or at least they shouldn’t.  Proof that aliens exist shouldn’t disprove anything based in faith.  No more than proving dinosaurs exist disproves the existence of God. 

Why presume God is a distinct entity?
Humanlike. A thing? A noun?
God may be a verb, grasshopper.

I’m with Soggy, there should be a third option. I don’t believe and think the odds of ‘intelligent’ life would have nothing to do with any diety anyhow.