E-mail fraud

Spam, spam, spam, spam…wonderful spam.  Spammers send wonderful emails. :imp:  I wonder if anyone falls for this stuff?

Dear Colonial Bank Wealth Management customer!

Our Maintenance Department is doing a scheduled Treasury Management Service upgrade

By following the link below please begin the procedure of the client certificate authorization:

These instructions are to be sent and followed by all members of the Business and Commercial Internet Banking.

ColonialBank Group does apologize for the inconveniences caused to you, and is very thankful for your help.

If you are not client of the Colonial Bank Business please ignore this notification!

— This is robot generated email, please do not reply —

© '08 ColonialBank Inc All Rights Reserved.

I read about a money order fraud sent by “Joe Smoke” with for one thousand dollar money orders made in Edmonton, mailed from Africa (I don’t recall which country) and received in Edmonton two days later. There were no security measures on the money order and three sides were a clean cut with the fourth perforated.

The money orders were to buy a motorcycle to be picked up by a representative from the USA.
Very pro, don’t you know? :laughing:

I get fraud Royal Bank e-mails telling me to update info… I don’t even have an RBC account >.>

theres lots of email frauds. I dont know where they came from.

There are a lot of people who sign up on SMF forums just to post spam links too.  I don’t know where they came from.

I wish I had a bunch of nonsensical links in my signature.