Dumbass scammers again

whooohoooo finally got a call saying my Microsoft Computer was sending errors to them, told them no it wasn’t and the lady said yes it was, kept being rude to her for 5 minutes just to waste her time before I told her I don’t fall for their scams hehe

Would be great to record them… Get a callback number and we can call them! hahah!

i was waiting for them to ask for them to get into my computer but wanted to watch election results, was going to act very dumb, sort of like, uhhhhhhhhh where is that on my computer, ummmmmmm what folder is that, ummmmmmmm where is my internet switch hehe

Had a guy in town tell me all about it. Decided I was full of shit, so he went along with it.
Sneered that he watched them the whole time and they didn’t do anything untoward. So he gave them his credit card and code #. Stuck his chin out told me I was full of it they didn’t have to hack his system.
No, I said why would they bother? You gave them your card info over the phone.
A week later Visa called to confirm if he was really booking rooms in Taipei…

I’ve been getting them to hang up. Usually takes less than 5 seconds.

First I say, “How much do you really know about computers.”

Then, I say, “I’ve been working with computers since 1971.”

I’ve had three calls since I started and only one blurted something inane before they hung up. Five seconds tops.

If you have the time, it can be a lot of fun.

I’m thinking, next time I’ll put on a fake Pakistani or Indian accent.

[quote=“Soggy”]I’ve been getting them to hang up. Usually takes less than 5 seconds.

First I say, “How much do you really know about computers.”

Then, I say, “I’ve been working with computers since 1971.”

I’ve had three calls since I started and only one blurted something inane before they hung up. Five seconds tops.

If you have the time, it can be a lot of fun.

I’m thinking, next time I’ll put on a fake Pakistani or Indian accent.[/quote]

If that’s the accent they have why not pretend you’re one of them and try to get them to give up some information.

An airhorn also gets the message across too.

Last time they called me I showed them that they are not the only ones that can BS. I asked them to please stay on the line for tracking purpose■s, then I said this is Constable ______________ of the RCMP and we were very interested in this call. They tried to get away and I told them to stay on the line a little longer as it takes more time for international calls and so we can track down the individuals for prosecution. Before you no it they were gone and have not heard back from them. LOL. I love being retired and lots of time to screw around with these dirt bags like the trip I just one also.

I usually feign stupidity. And then tell them they’re full of shit and that I’m going to report them.

They hang up within seconds.

A friend did a good one. He said something sexual about a certain prophet. They phoned back twice to rant! LOL!

Criminal Code of Canada

1. Personating peace officer

2. (1) Everyone commits an offence who

(a) falsely represents himself to be a peace officer or a public officer; or

snip------------------

Punishment

(2) Everyone who commits an offence under subsection (1)

(a) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term of not more than five years; or

(b) is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.

What? You err Microsoft?
You err not Microsoft, I em Microsoft. Dees eez Microsoft Khazakstan office. You interrupt our office prayers for lies? Infidel dog, I call fatwa upon you!
BORAT! Dirka dirka jihad!!!
-click-

So Dex …
We suppose to worry that the crooks are going to call the cops , to say that we are impersonating a cop ?

[quote=“crip75”]So Dex …
We suppose to worry that the crooks are going to call the cops , to say that we are impersonating a cop ?[/quote]

It is still an indictable offence and the potential for arrest is not solely predicated on the “crooks calling the cops”. My intention was to inform users of the risks of this behaviour. Now they can make an educated and informed decision. IMO I would never risk, even if risk was remote, being arrested and convicted of an indictable offence for such a trivial matter.

Yeah tell them you’re Agent John Smith from Homeland Security. Or Jack Bauer from CTS. They have TV in India.
They aren’t gonna be impressed by impersonating a lowly Constable they think still rides horses to work.

I am hesitant to pick up calls on my stupid landline. My inexpensive digital answering machine screens spam for me. If I do not know the person who calls me I quickly hang up without engaging in chat.