Drugs and stuff

Well, today I got to watch 6 drug squad cops and 2 regulars do some kind of bust across the street from my house; the two regulars were waiting out front of the Marine Exchange on 3rd with their guns drawn while the other six went in the back.  It was pretty intense!  Maybe they were taking down the headquarters of the window smashin’ gang . . .

Maybe they were busting the crack/heroin/meth… yeah right probably a marijuana bust for 3 joints.

Further to Council Watch is post, Pond does not give a shit about any of the city issues, his goal is to just jump on the things which will make his ladder higher. He has an agenda and I will bet it is directed toward Victoria. He was never that hot on the port in the beginning but when he say those ribbons on the horizon then he figured why not play. I agree that there are far too many tickets being handed out but if someone looks real closely they will see a change happening with the policing in town. Bust those bullshit crack, crack coke and heroin dealers and have a field day. Still we have a lawyer in the courthouse who will have the prick released. Catch and release.

heheh justin, prince rupert has more than one good lawyer in the court house. 

YEAH THEY HAVE SOME GOOD LAWYERS IN THE COURT HOUSE BUT SHIT EVERY TIME THEY RELEASE ONE OF THESE PRICKS , HOW MANY MORE VICTIMS DO THEY CREATE. THIS DOES NOT JUST INCLUDE THE YOUTH BUT ALSO MANY YOUNG ADULTS. THEY ARE VULTURES FEEDING OFF OF THE BROKEN DOWN SOULS WHICH THEY CAUSED. WHEN YOU HAVE A HOUSE WITH THREE SUITES IN IT AND EVERY SON OF BITCH IS SELLING THIS POISON SOMETHING IS VERY WRONG.

SOMETHING IS VERY WRONG WITH YOUR KEYBOARD.

1. Please don’t shout its annoying.

2. Personal responsibility. People need to have some. It was the USERS choice to do the drug they are doing, its the USERS choice to continue using when there are support channels available, its the USERS fault there is a demand in the first place.

I’m not going to argue and say drug dealers are good people because for the most part they aren’t but it sure as hell isn’t their fault little johnny is using.

Its about fucking time people start taking responsibility for the choices in their life.  I’m not just standing on a soap box preaching. I’ve had my ‘addictions’ (alcohol etc. for me) and overcome them to become successful. 

That only happened when I took ownership of the problems I created for myself and decided to change. 

Fuck all you bleeding heart motherfuckers who say its the dealers fault. Its the bloody users fault.

It might be the users’ faults that they don’t break free from it as they grow into adults, but most people get hooked when they’re children or teenagers, and you can’t really say it’s their FAULT at that point.  (not to mention the people who lace candy with heroin to get kids hooked)

Both the users and the dealers are at fault for this problem though, you can’t blame just one.  It’s silly, much like the chicken and egg argument. 

Most people get hooked when they were children/teenagers? Heroin laced candy to get kids addicted? Stop being an alarmist and pull your head out of your ass.

I suppose you believe the razor blades in the candy apples myth too eh?  You realize your father just said that so he could ‘test’ your candy for you right?

Whether the user is a teenager or an adult its their decision to use nobody else’s. You can go ahead and claim that a teen doesn’t know the risks but I call bullshit. By the time a kid reaches high school they’ve had tonnes of drug education even if half of it is lies. 

snopes.com/horrors/drugs/suckers.asp

google.ca/search?q=drug+laced+candy+myth

Dead Giveaways
Signs that a story you’re hearing is likely an (untrue) urban legend:
    * It happened to a friend of a friend, not to the storyteller.
    * There are many variations.
    * The general topic is one that is often on the news or what people gossip most about: death, sex, crime, contamination, technology, ethnic stereotypes, celebrities, horror or beating the system.
    * It contains a warning or moral lesson of some kind.
    * It’s just too weird or too good to be true.

Well it is the dealers fault, it is the medias fault and yes it is somewhat the Peer pressures fault. We have kids who can not even pee straight who are playing with it because as their friend says its something to do or its the thing to do. Twelve and thirteen, fourteen kids who are getting caught up and used. The movies some guy is an addict in the beginning and at the end is clean, kids do not understand addiction. So if you are an adult and you wish to do it fine , if you are an adult and you are selling to these children of ours you are dirt. Jesus you may not have children but picture someone giving your child nephew a good rock to smoke , you find out now name your real thought and action. Now try to keep you head out of your ass.

I have a problem with children being exposed to drugs/alcohol at a very early age or when a mother is pregnant.  I witness on a daily basis the damage caused by drug/alcohol use.  Organic brain damage (fetal alcohol syndrome) is something that a child will never recover from. 

I think it can be argued that there are real risks with any drug use.  I don’t have a problem with adults or older teens choosing their brand of drug.  Addiction is a real issue.  Some people can use drugs. alcohol in a recreational way and lead productive lives.  Others can not.  There are demonstrated negative consequences of drug, alcohol abuse.

This is an emotionally charged topic, let us please try to avoid flaming each other.  I think this thread has value.  If this turns into a flame fest the thread will be split or trashed.

I will try and remain calm if there is a post from here, but it is a very serious issue plus very close to this community. Things have gone way too far in this seedy world of drugs in this here community. It has been brought right into the schools and it is being controlled by the shady people who get released from the court house. But I will try to be cool.

Agreed.  Pushers targeting kids is something that is morally reprehensible.
Thank you for remaining calm. :smile:

Does most of the public know that in this here community ( The Pond Boom Era ) one who wants crack can just pick up the phone order it and it shall be delivered? They even have women who deliver. Just like pizza, now I say this is really making it out of control when this known lady with dirty blond hair shows at your door. She is a victim but also a very serious problem to this community. :unamused:

What’s the number?

Do you know that if your kid hits rock bottom and gets caught the police will give them money to buy drugs in exchange for information? 

Do you know the police let certain dealers operate in exchange for information?

Its a vicious game you cant point fingers at the dealers alone, the users need to take responsibility for their own actions. 

And how about those kids?  drugs are not cheap where do they get the money? who asks them what they did with their money?  i guess its  easier to blame a dealer than yourself .

As far as I’m concerned. It’s the users choice. Humans have a choice in everything they do. You can’t MAKE someone choose to use drugs, they have to want to. Unless the dealer is shoving it up their nose, or in a pipe and into their mouth and forcing them to take in air.

The problem today is, no one is willing to take responsibility for their actions. Even in an overdose case, it isn’t the dealers fault. At all. That person, consciously decided to take it. How can you blame anyone else but him? You can say dealers push it all you want. But IT’S THE USERS CHOICE not anyone elses.

:smiley: Ahh, the power of free will.

No argument from me:-) 
As I previously stated my main problem with drug/alcohol abuse is when pregnant mothers drink or use drugs.  A baby in the womb isn’t given a choice with drugs/alcohol.
I work with children afflicted with FAS, they are damaged for life, they can not learn beyond a certain point.  FAS (fetal alcohol syndrome) is an easily prevented tragedy.