Drivers paying attention?

Soccer moms these days have upgraded from mid-range vans to high-end crossovers and SUVs.

Vans, old wagons, and rusty American-made car and trucks today are more synonymous to rapists, rednecks, and certain types of hippies.

Sooo BubbaSteve, Did you Pass!?!?!?!?!  :smiley:

Yes, I did.

I love to hear Jesus’ reaction.  :smiley:

Congrats!!!  :smile:

I’m waiting for it. Oh yea, I drive my mom’s truck. LOL

Oh yeah, what would a PT cruiser be classed under?

Car hatchback. Some call it wagon.

vancar?

I think that would be a station wagon; PT Cruiser wouldn’t be long enough to be considered a station wagon.

It’s actually a sedan with a hatchback. Just like the Toyota Matrix.

Congrates BubbaSteve!  Cant wait ta see ya driving around heehehehheh

Congratulations.  :smile:

all downhill after we gave em the vote. Next thing you know they’re going to let immigrants drive. 

Richmond.  :evil: :smiley:

Don’t worry, you won’t have a heart attack 'cause nobody drives black BMW SUVs and silver Japanese compact sedans in Rupert… wait.

sixth ave. by hayscove and PJ’s intersection is bad too.  gets pretty busy there and no one likes to stop at the crosswalk.

one day I waited for about five minutes before a car stopped to let me pass. kinda rediculous when i’m trying to go to work and every time I step out the driver speeds up to make it before I do.

also 11th, and fredrick? the intersection by maverick, I stopped there waiting for a truck to pass by and when it did I started crossing and the guy driving down 11th made the left turn sped up so quick he spun his tires and made the left turn so fast I tried to run to cross the street and he pulled right into the left lane in front of me and swurved to get back to the right side.

other then those two areas I never really notice anything, people are generally good drivers, and 3rd avenue is just not good at all, my friend and I were driving up to 3rd by shoppers and he was so concerned with inching out slowly to see if any cars were coming he didn’t see the guy crossing the street and the dude ended up punching his hood and yelling some not so friendly advice.  :smile: 

My favorite is getting glared at or flipped the bird because the person blindly steps out on to the road and I have to stomp on the brakes, which squeal loudly.
There is reponsibilty on both parties,pedestrians and drivers, but at the same time the vehicle always comes out less damaged when things go wrong.

haha yeah gotta love those, one day I was driving down the street near safeway and a friend walked right out into the street while he was one the phone and when we came to a abrupt stop and honked the horn he didn’t even bother looking up just waved at us with his one finger…

I don’t mind walking home at 4 or 5a.m. because there is never another soul on the road when i’m leaving work, I usually walk on the road when i’m coming home.  just because it’s so late no one ever drives around except for the odd cab that might pass by.

Not only that, but some vehicles coming off Hays Cove or Dry Dock Rd that are turning onto 6th Ave seem to be piloted by utter buffoons.  I can be driving along 6th Ave past either of those streets with NO indication of wanting to turn onto Dry Dock or Hays Cove, when one of those buffoons decides to pull out right in front of me.  Boy is that a pet peeve!  If I happen to honk as if to say “WTF!”, I get the dirty look!!!  Gotta love this town :wink:

that exact thing happens to me at least a dozen times in a week. i find it good to just speed up and lay on the horn lol

This past week I’ve seen little kids not in car seats.  I was beside an old silver rusted junker on 3rd on Monday with 2 kids, maybe 4 or 5, in the back hanging over the front seat talking to Dad.  Friday in Maverick parking lot, small newer black car, lady driver, with a little girl standing on the seat and waving from the sunroof…cute, until passenger got into car and they drove away…little girl still waving!

I called in the plate number of the black car to the police but wished I’d had a camera too.  They said they would follow it up but probably won’t hear what the outcome is.

I’ve pulled out from Dry Dock Road and have been surprised by motorist coming down 6th. Bigger vehicles can’t stomp it to get onto 6th. Too many drivers exceed the speed limit coming down that hill (6th). Maybe we should drive a little more defensive instead of leaning on a horn. This is Prince Rupert…what’s your hurry.

yea worst intersection i never go home that way because of people automatically turning left onto 6th because they assume people off of 6th are going right instead of across the bridge. rediculous . maybe take a look a little longer instead of turning right away or following the car in front of you :unamused: