Dr Watson

A program called Dr Watson’s Debugger constantly pops up on my bf’s screen, freezes files, and then freezes the computer if you don’t click close fast enough. It asks if you want to send the problem to Microsoft.

For some dumb reason he also has to be connected to the internet to open “my documents” and he can’t open a lot of the programs on his computer because Dr Watson’s keeps popping up.

I thought it was spyware, but I’ve ran 4 programs and it never found anything of the sort, and when I looked it up on Google, it just said it was a program that helps fix things. My bf says he never downloaded this program, and his computer was working fine until this crap started screwing up. Anyone have this problem before or know how to solve it?

Take it to Futureshop!

[quote=“smartass”]A program called Dr Watson’s Debugger constantly pops up on my bf’s screen, freezes files, and then freezes the computer if you don’t click close fast enough. It asks if you want to send the problem to Microsoft.

For some dumb reason he also has to be connected to the internet to open “my documents” and he can’t open a lot of the programs on his computer because Dr Watson’s keeps popping up.

I thought it was spyware, but I’ve ran 4 programs and it never found anything of the sort, and when I looked it up on Google, it just said it was a program that helps fix things. My bf says he never downloaded this program, and his computer was working fine until this crap started screwing up. Anyone have this problem before or know how to solve it?[/quote]

Dr. Watson is a self-diagnostic app packaged with Windows since version 3.1.
He may have corrupted files installed, which would explain why they crash so much. To soften the performance hit Dr. Watson gives, though, one can go to Run : run “drwtsn32” : select Crash Dump Type: Mini, turn off Visual Notification and Sound Notification, click Ok.
To make the Error Report dialog into a regular crash dialog with just a Close button, go to Control Panel : System : Advanced Tab, go to Error Reporting, and choose the prefered behaviour.

Neither of those things will fix the problem, but the former may keep the computer from crashing by not creating a HUGE memory dump, and the latter is just to turn off the Error Report feature some find annoying.

Is there any way to uninstall it completely or is it always going to be there?

Hey if you can’t fix it turn it into a slightly shot gunned computer

take it to future shop where people would just tell ya to buy a new computer. There techs are useless : O )

What Windohs you running?

I believe it’s XP home. The computer isn’t even 3 months old yet.

This site might help.

http://www.windowsnetworking.com/kbase/WindowsTips/WindowsNT/RegistryTips/Utilities/DrWatson.html

:smiley:

Yeah, that’s one of the pages I first went to… but I’m too dumb to be fixing things in the registry, since I don’t even know how to get there… been there by accident but not by choice.

Look for this program, it will help very much and much. You could do almost anything with it, and B carefull.

any p2p program look for system mechanic 4 or 5. I am using 4 right now and it rocks.

It also should be on suprnova.org

SYSTEM MECHANIC!!!

[quote=“jleaman”]

take it to future shop where people would just tell ya to buy a new computer. There techs are useless : O )[/quote]

Its funny cause thats kind what happened to me. My mother board fried on me. So I got a new computer for 200 bucks.