Don't Trust the Restaurant?

Check them out city to city.
healthspace.ca/Clients/NHA/NHA_Website.nsf

healthspace.ca/Clients/NHA/N … EE82F29886

Mcd’s is looking pretty “healthy” right about now LMAO

[quote=“Cst. Ferman”]

healthspace.ca/Clients/NHA/N … EE82F29886[/quote]

I wouldn’t put too much into the list that comes up. Seems to be a third party auditing company that conveniently sell auditing and inspection programs. I’ve been in the food production/auditing/development industry for over 10 years and unless it has some civic/provincial or federal recognition it doesn’t mean too much.

I’m not trying to belittle the original poster but I wouldn’t want a restaurant lose business over some misinformation.

[quote=“rinkster”]

I wouldn’t put too much into the list that comes up. Seems to be a third party auditing company that conveniently sell auditing and inspection programs. I’ve been in the food production/auditing/development industry for over 10 years and unless it has some civic/provincial or federal recognition it doesn’t mean too much.

I’m not trying to belittle the original poster but I wouldn’t want a restaurant lose business over some misinformation.[/quote]

Misinformation ? Where look at the ratings of some of these places. They have a inspector visit these places to make sure everything is kept to standards. LOL look at the rating already for the new place on the corner. Sad to say but majority of the restaurants with moderate or more ratings are Asian.

I’m not trying to belittle the original poster but I wouldn’t want a restaurant lose business over some misinformation.

Misinformation ? Where look at the ratings of some of these places. They have a inspector visit these places to make sure everything is kept to standards. LOL look at the rating already for the new place on the corner. Sad to say but majority of the restaurants with moderate or more ratings are Asian.

You miss my point. Unless this food inspector is contracted through the city (which usually in charge of health inspections and has the power to shut down a place for sanitary reasons) then it’s just 3rd party results. A sign that these results are accurate would be if any of the offending businesses have been shut down recently.

I’m a little confused here. Are these results not meant to be taken seriously?? The last time I looked the Northern Health Authority is under the Provincial Government.

[quote=“rinkster”]I wouldn’t put too much into the list that comes up. Seems to be a third party auditing company that conveniently sell auditing and inspection programs. I’ve been in the food production/auditing/development industry for over 10 years and unless it has some civic/provincial or federal recognition it doesn’t mean too much.

I’m not trying to belittle the original poster but I wouldn’t want a restaurant lose business over some misinformation.[/quote]

You miss my point. Unless this food inspector is contracted through the city (which usually in charge of health inspections and has the power to shut down a place for sanitary reasons) then it’s just 3rd party results. A sign that these results are accurate would be if any of the offending businesses have been shut down recently.

[quote=“Gracies Mom”]I’m a little confused here. Are these results not meant to be taken seriously?? The last time I looked the Northern Health Authority is under the Provincial Government.
[/quote]

You’re probably right. Most larger cities take care of restaurant inspections. I’m guessing because there are no large metro areas near by the province is in charge. Plus I couldn’t find any info about it on the city of PR web site. And of course the results should be taken seriously, but one bad audit may not tell the whole story.

[quote=“rinkster”]

Firstly, I don’t want to railroad your theory, but if a business is being slandered by misinformation on a health website as you suggest, one would think a lawsuit for damages would be imminent. Secondly, I have walked passed a few of these places and have lost my appetite without even entering.

Firstly, I don’t want to railroad your theory, but if a business is being slandered by misinformation on a health website as you suggest, one would think a lawsuit for damages would be imminent. Secondly, I have walked passed a few of these places and have lost my appetite without even entering.

As I looked more into the website I realize that it only reports audit results. Where the actual results come from, who knows? It doesn’t say. As for first person observations such as yours, those are usually much more useful than most “official” reports.

Looking at the list there’s probably only about 10% of the names I recognize from waaaaaaay back.

[quote=“rinkster”]

You’re probably right. Most larger cities take care of restaurant inspections. I’m guessing because there are no large metro areas near by the province is in charge. Plus I couldn’t find any info about it on the city of PR web site. And of course the results should be taken seriously, but one bad audit may not tell the whole story.[/quote]

Admittedly this is from a “critical” review and the restaurant has apparently gotten better but they seem to have a pretty long history of these infractions and then “getting better”. It sure tells the whole story when you read stuff like this.

No hand wash in the kitchen, filthy potato slicer, food in prep cooler stored at 10 fucking degrees.

You don’t happen to be a restaurant owner do you? because everything i’ve seen from the auditors has been a pretty critical infraction and for you to try and minimize them as a “third party company” looking to sell something seems quite disingenuous and a little suspicious.

A sign that these are accurate would be the fact they are in fact accurate accounts of what the inspectors noted and that only serious infractions have been noted as critical/medium the rest as low. It would seem the inspectors are being quite fair in their ratings.

As I looked more into the website I realize that it only reports audit results. Where the actual results come from, who knows? It doesn’t say. As for first person observations such as yours, those are usually much more useful than most “official” reports.

Looking at the list there’s probably only about 10% of the names I recognize from waaaaaaay back.

Where the results come from? I’m going to go ahead and say the northern health public health protection inspectors. whether those are third party inspectors or not is irrelevant. This is being carried out by northern health and no doubt has stringent requirements for what constitutes a low medium or critical health risk. Why not phone northern health and ask them.

The last inspector that I seen came down from Terrace to conduct these.

Photo Op!