Don't read this, nothing to see here. Pipelines don't leak

cbc.ca/m/news/canada/alberta … -1.2855077

[quote]The Alberta Energy Regulator says close to 60,000 litres of crude oil have spilled into muskeg in the province’s north.

An incident report by the regulator states that a mechanical failure was reported Thursday at a Canadian Natural Resources Limited pipeline approximately 27 kilometres north of Red Earth Creek.

The report says there are no reports of impact to wildlife and that a cleanup has begun.[/quote]

Listen, if you want to live life without ever taking a risk then don’t get out of bed. Me I want Canada to be a petro powerhouse, and am willing to sacrifice some animals to make that happen. As Todd Hamilton says “let’s get to work.” And i for one say that to you.

We can’t afford to allow these major petro companies to fail. If they fail, Alberta fails and that’s the whole country. So, let’s get to work, start building pipelines and start rolling in that money :smile:

That confirms it. Todd Hamilton is back on HTMF. Appropriate username and all.

[quote=“TerriblePerson”]Listen, if you want to live life without ever taking a risk then don’t get out of bed. Me I want Canada to be a petro powerhouse, and am willing to sacrifice some animals to make that happen. As Todd Hamilton says “let’s get to work.” And i for one say that to you.

We can’t afford to allow these major petro companies to fail. If they fail, Alberta fails and that’s the whole country. So, let’s get to work, start building pipelines and start rolling in that money :smile:[/quote]

I love to see you try clean up 60 cubes of crude in some remote mountainous area.

Oh and BTW, Oil price is about $66 a barrel now and sliding…

I, for one, would like Canada to give up this ridiculous dependence on oil. We should return to our strengths, and focus on exporting novelty toques, maple syrup gift packs, cheap coffee franchises and extremely warm jackets.

Pipelines are the devil’s work. All they do is create jobs, bring money into the country and pay for hospitals. Its time to return to a simpler way of life.

[quote=“investor”]I, for one, would like Canada to give up this ridiculous dependence on oil. We should return to our strengths, and focus on exporting novelty toques, maple syrup gift packs, cheap coffee franchises and extremely warm jackets.

Pipelines are the devil’s work. All they do is create jobs, bring money into the country and pay for hospitals. Its time to return to a simpler way of life.[/quote]

I gather you’re not from Canada. Am I right?

[quote=“PLA”]

[quote=“investor”]I, for one, would like Canada to give up this ridiculous dependence on oil. We should return to our strengths, and focus on exporting novelty toques, maple syrup gift packs, cheap coffee franchises and extremely warm jackets.

Pipelines are the devil’s work. All they do is create jobs, bring money into the country and pay for hospitals. Its time to return to a simpler way of life.[/quote]

I gather you’re not from Canada. Am I right?[/quote]

I gather you would choose ideology over prosperity. Am I right?

I’m not ideologically and financially driven, but are you from Canada?

Please answer.

[quote=“PLA”]I’m not ideologically and financially driven, but are you from Canada?

Please answer.[/quote]

Not originally, but I have been a Canadian citizen for many years. I’m not sure why this has anything to do with your (incorrect) belief that pipelines are unsafe.

Until the world gives up its dependency on oil and its by-products and an alternative that is cheap and can be mass produced, its not going anywhere. I read on Facebook from oil pipeline protestors that we don’t need more oil being exported. As long as people want the latest smart phones and TV’s etc… oil is needed. Just imagine all the presents under the tree made from oil by-products.

@ investor:

Because I find it silly that you believe the oil and energy industry is the only thing Canada has.

Now enlighten me why a pipeline leaking 60 cubes of product is 100% safe to you?

I’m not 100% against building crude pipelines, I’m just disturbed that there are some in the industry trying to sell that pipelines are somehow invincible to any kind of accidents and problems.

If pipelines are 100% safe, then why companies like Tervita exists?

[quote=“PLA”]@ investor:

Because I find it silly that you believe the oil and energy industry is the only thing Canada has.

Now enlighten me why a pipeline leaking 60 cubes of product is 100% safe to you?[/quote]

If you take away resources and real estate, there’s not much left to this economy. Manufacturing has been gutted by a strong currency and underinvestment. And the knowledge industries are nascent at best. Its a resource-based economy, get over it.

There are over 2.5 million miles of pipelines in the US. Sure, there are occasional leaks. But the vast benefits to consumers are more than worth it. Additionally, new pipelines are built with much safer materials so there’s even less to worry about.

How many people were injured by this leak that you mentioned?

[quote=“PLA”]

I’m not 100% against building crude pipelines, I’m just disturbed that there are some in the industry trying to sell that pipelines are somehow invincible to any kind of accidents and problems.

If pipelines are 100% safe, then why companies like Tervita exists?[/quote]

Who said pipelines are 100% safe? Cars aren’t 100% safe, but you get in your car anyway because the reward far outweighs the risk.

Ummm… our currency is sitting at US$0.87 and weakening, and as long as the Saudis aren’t willing to cut their production, it seems we’re heading to the lean years.

Sinking dollar caused by sinking oil prices… hmmm…

You think working in this industry is all gravy, well I know guys with many years in the patch will tell you otherwise (save for NEP).

[quote]There are over 2.5 million miles of pipelines in the US. Sure, there are occasional leaks. But the vast benefits to consumers are more than worth it. Additionally, new pipelines are built with much safer materials so there’s even less to worry about.

How many people were injured by this leak that you mentioned?[/quote]

Where’s that Captain Picard meme when I needed?..

Must be you.

I get into my car to be rewarded… hmmm…

[quote=“PLA”]

Ummm… our currency is sitting at US$0.87 and weakening, and as long as the Saudis aren’t willing to cut their production, it seems we’re heading to the lean years.

You think working in this industry is all gravy, well I know guys with many years in the patch will tell you otherwise.

[quote]There are over 2.5 million miles of pipelines in the US. Sure, there are occasional leaks. But the vast benefits to consumers are more than worth it. Additionally, new pipelines are built with much safer materials so there’s even less to worry about.

How many people were injured by this leak that you mentioned?[/quote]

Where’s that Captain Picard meme when I needed?..[/quote]

On the subject of memes…

Pot kettle black.

lol… I guess you win.

[quote=“PLA”]Pot kettle black.

lol[/quote]

That’s a cat, not a kettle.

Could be the kettle.