Dirty men

I wholeheartedly disagree.  Communication between a parent and their children is exremely important and if is started at an early age the awkwardness that you speak of will be non-existent.

While I will admit to being a “dirty old man” at times, not every look is in that category.

I am a grandfather and I’ve been given that “you’re a dirty old man” look when what was going through my head wasn’t anything of the sort. I would be thinking about my own grandchildren or maybe about the free spirit of youth or some such.

I understand the overprotectiveness of parents in this age, I will also be right there to help if any child is in jeopardy.
"
Now if you’re in your 40s or 50s … “Whatcha doin’ later, babe?” Ogle, ogle, ogle… :smiley:

I agree with that.  Not every look is driven by sexual desire.  I’ve found myself at the pool admiring a cute little girl just because I enjoy kids but I’ve ended up catching myself wondering what others may be thinking of that.

I passed a lady and her daughter in a narrow hallway once. I moved to the side and smiled at the kid and the mother snapped at me “she’s nine years old!”    hahah whatever freak lady.

I agree not every “dirty men” that looks at young girls are predators, i do see the frustration with this situation as i myself come across this time and time again when i go downtown with my daughter in fact half the time im behind her  men are just gawking i almost wanna wheel them over with my chair lol but “men will be men” not i dont really have the answer or appropriate responses to this situation but i do see your frustration and what do yu really say to those who do gawk you prob will end up getting told where to go just make sure you  discuss this with your daughter im sure she knows as mine does and we just give each other that look and laugh at the whole situation when those “dirty Men” gawk  Pervs

There is a very large difference between a “Wow, she’s pretty” kind of a look and a “Damn, wish I could get that little underage beauty queen into bed”.  If a girl is very pretty or say, has noticeably large ‘features’ then I don’t get all bent out of shape if a guy takes a quick glance with admiration, but the key there is ‘quick glance’.  If the guy is looking with a slimy greasy salesman/pedophile kind of look (these will last a hell of a lot longer than a ‘quick glance’ and usually are accompanied by a sickening grin) then that’s disgusting and deserves at the very least a ‘wtf is your problem’ look - although I’ve been known to use the look AND a retort…but sometimes it’s probably not best to aggravate the weirdos!

Heh, awhile ago my 14 year old and her friend went to the movies and were waiting for me outside on 2nd avenue for a ride home.  So I pull up and some 30-40 year old dirt bag is chatting the girls up about anime, video games, etc.  The girls jumped into my car when I arrived complaining about the perv on the sidewalk.  I glance over at the man and he turns quickly away.
What a freak. :imp:

I’ma should slappa you face not know difference!
dirty olda man! Heh! (flick chin)

So automaticaly a conversation about anime and video games is sexual in nature?

I have observed them buy the meal for the girls and then smile, next day same thing till I walked over and questioned the individual about knowing their ages? I have warned them in certain eating establishments. But I am kind of crazy that way so I have been told.

Uh, no.  The girls were really nervous.  He approached them outside the theater and started talking.  They didn’t initiate the conversation.  It was his reaction when I pulled up that was telling.  He knew that what he was doing wasn’t ethical.

Now riding on the Skytrain (rather than going to or getting off at some horrid station) alone isn’t safe for women and girls, I’ve heard on the radio this morning that a lone 12-15 year old girl got molested by that dirty man on the train full of people. Luckily that scumbag got dragged out of the train by another passenger and got arrested by police.

Seriously, any places at anytime isn’t safe for women and girls to go alone anymore. It’s like I wouldn’t want my sister to go anywhere in Vancouver the next year she goes to university.  :frowning:

Do they not teach about “predators” at elementary school anymore?

And if I were to encounter any creepers, I’d kick him in the balls. :smiley:

They don’t look like Aqualung anymore…

Heh-heh, Jethro Tull FTW. :sunglasses:

if your walking down the street, and someone is sitting around having a smoke or what ever looks up and down the street and stops and looks at you or your daughter momentarily, then goes back to having his smoke then is that a bad thing? I think being more specific in what the real concern is would help.

perhaps you yourself look at the young girls, or your daughter in the community, and look at these older guys, and think back to when you were younger, and then worry.  is this something where you don’t want your daughter to make the same mistakes?

is it simply a matter of you remember back to when you were a youngin and thought to yourself that older guy is kinda cute?

people often have that wondering eye where your extremely bored, and sitting around you either look up and down the street, look around the store, and something catches your eye, could be a new shampoo, pair of pants, or a car that drives passed, you think to yourself that car is nice, but you don’t automatically get called a car theif cause you looked at a nice car going down the street.

if someone simply looking in your general direction causes you to think omfg sexual predator, suggests to me there are some underlying problems you need to deal with.

now if your walking down the street, and you see someone looking at you. and you keep walking get down the street and he’s behind you?.. and you start running up the hill and he’s still there, then I would suggest knocking on a door, calling the cops.

but while in the down town area having someone look towards you or your daughter? the world does not revolve around you.  they could be looking towards the store near you and thinking “is there a sale going on this week? I might have to check it out later” or “damn buddy has a new car, wonder when he picked that up” Prince Rupert is a pretty small place, and while I don’t disagree there are people that are crazy out there, it’s not a newly wide spread epidemic, it’s been going on through out history for decades if not longer.

and I walked around down in van and victoria a few times and had girls ask “hey what are you doing tonight?” and have never had that occur while walking around down town Prince Rupert, so I doubt we need to worry about evil middle aged guys or other insane young girls “recruiting” teens around here to work the streets.

the thing people need to explain to their kids is the difference, if someone glances at you breifly and looks away, don’t auto think “sex” that’s just gonna ruin the young girls minds perhaps he thought he knew her but realized he didn’t, now if someone is following you and your daughter, confront them, if she’s by herself teach her how to handle the situation, don’t go online and complain about insane guys around town recruiting young girls when you don’t know the person, or what it was they were thinking.

wow, i’m bored.  now i’m gonna go to the store, if you pass by and I look up at you, i’m not a sexual predator i’m just looking to get some doritos and perhaps even some orchard hill ice tea.

oh yeah I have a 3 yr old and in about 10-12 years i’ll probably go onto some forums and complain about crazy sexual predators recruiting girls asking the community what we can do to eliminate the problem.