Digitalcable/regular cable

We have one TV connected to the digital box. Another TV just has the regular cable.

With the power back on, the digital cable works fine, but the regular cable is snow. Channel six does give us sound.

Anybody else having similar problems?

The sound on channel 6 is broadcast CHTK which you could see if you actually had an antenna.

I still have neither digital nor analog.

Just talked to someone down at Citywest. They are still in the dark and so those of us with no box will have no cable until the power is back on down there.

[quote=“Soggy”]The sound on channel 6 is broadcast CHTK which you could see if you actually had an antenna.

I still have neither digital nor analog.[/quote]

Antenna or rabbit ears? hee hee it has been along time since I had them, I will have to look high and low to find them and dust them off. :smile:

I wonder of they will be generous enough to deduct our time without cable from our next months’ bill? If as stated in another thread, they only have to throw a switch, then I say, why not?? I am no tekkie to be sure but I don’t understand if Citywest is still in the dark, why some of their services are up and running and obviously others are not!!

It’s not just flicking a switch. Sorry to disappoint you.

[quote=“codybear933”]

I wonder of they will be generous enough to deduct our time without cable from our next months’ bill? If as stated in another thread, they only have to throw a switch, then I say, why not?? I am no tekkie to be sure but I don’t understand if Citywest is still in the dark, why some of their services are up and running and obviously others are not!![/quote]

I don’t understand why digital cable worked the minute the power came back on, and not regular yet a cable line runs into the box…
I agree with you I am no tekkie neither but what the hell is going on…??

I was told digital cable comes from Terrace over the fiber line. Reg Cable comes from here (dish farm in industrial park).
If power is still out there, but back on at citywest downtown, then digital will still work.

The real question is why do you still have an analog signal when you already know what digital looks like. And you get more channels with digital as well. $100 bucks for a basic receiver. Or $20 or so on ebay.

That’s just not smart in my books.(Especially considering both of your tv’s would be working right now!)

Yeah, I’m having the same problem here. Digital worked from the second the power came back on. Analog cable, not so much. We called the after hours line, and they stated that analog would be back on as soon as citywest got power to it… Apparently not.

And why would we still have analog signal? Because we don’t want to pay for three boxes to upgrade to digital, thanks…

So is regular cable up and running at this point??

My inlaws have analog cable (regular I guess) and they had it back on late this afternoon.

Cable was back for us late on Monday evening.