Did I break the internet?

Tis all too weird for me, the Bank of Montreal has no bank machine, no connection at the tellers and no outside phone lines, using pen and paper to conduct our transaction, yet Eddies can still run my lotto tickets.

I assume that this is a sign that I am going to win the jackpot tonight in the Super 7!!!

There are a couple outside lines still active, and the ETA on the repair is 12:00 PM according to Telus, although they did say it can be as late as 9 PM.

Our internet at work (Provincial Government Network) is still working. We did lose all our long distance lines though.

Mike

Hooray, the internet is fixed… :sunglasses:

Whoa, thank God…I mean its not like I have a life, heh-heh.  Yipee! :smiley:

hmmm

[original attachment deleted after 2 years]

LOL, funny stuff. :smiley: 

Van and the Sunshine Coast got the rapedown. In Nanaimo, we just got some super duty rain–barely on par with Rupert’s worst. Although, we’re on a water boil advisory now.

…but my Internet worked teh whole time :wink:

you in nanaimo ?

We are, too?  Oh well, I don’t drink tap water, which is why my room is now filled with bags of 1.5L water bottles and 9.5L jugs.

If you really did break the Internet can you try to remember what you did and fix it? There’s been chunks inaccessible all weekend.
Does anyone remember the URL to the site where you can enter an IP and it will tell you who the class A-B-C is assigned to? Haven’t used it for years, I forgot it.
I always do a traceroute and see where the problem is (amazing how often it’s Telus New Westminster) cuz I’m turning into a Type A or something… (why does it matter who, it just doesnt work?)

From a command line, with most flavours of unix:

whois -h whois.arin.net

or go to www.arin.net and query their whois directly.

Or www.geektools.com works.

Ok so I’m at someone else’s house… and I thought things were running super slow, like loading webpages, downloading email, etc etc, so I did a speed test at Speakeasy.

The freakin upload is faster than the download!  I’ve never seen this before… what’s going on?  Isn’t the download speed usually always higher than the upload speed?

i think it is a global issue, internet here on the island is HORRIBLE!!

I did the speakeasy test at work the otherday, usually saw over 2 down and 600K up. I got 600 down and 23 up… dialup speed upload.
Major switching problem somewhere…
Meanwhile my mountain-shot 10M is pulling a little over 6 both ways. Think that has more to do with the sectoral barely poking out of all the snow up there…

I’ve noticed it to smartass, all my computers are slower right now, I think its citywest and the changes there making.
But maybe it is the net, its reached critical mass and is going to cave in on it self sort of like a star becoming a black hole. We are right on the event horizon and from here on in its all down hill.

Yes, the Internet in Rupert was terrible last night.  I’ve got full ADSL from CityWest, but, the download speeds were 20 k/sec or less…and I was upgrading flash on my Linux boxes, lol.  Thankfully it is better today. :smiley: