Demonoid anyone?

I don’t know if it’s naïve or ironic that you spelled naïve wrong.

Private copying is legal in Canada, but that doesn’t mean you can’t be sued for copyright infringement. 

TV is a special category, especially if you pay for cable.  I don’t mind torrenting the latest “Top Gear” for example, because I already pay for the program with my cable subscription.  I’m essentially time-shifting it. 

Downloading and uploading are two different things, though.  Just because it might be legal for you to privately copy something, doesn’t make it legal for you to ‘publish’ it to a thousand people.  Which is what you do when you take part in a torrent.

Don’t quote me but we also pay a copyright tax on blank CDR’s and DVDR’s as well so each time you buy blank media the Govt has their fingers in there, so technically they’re supporting this whether they choose to admit it or not. The only people actually making money off of pirated copyright items in all actuality is the Canadian Government.
I don’t think they’re in a real hurry to change things that much for that reason alone.

OI! Most of my words, and grammar, are correct usually.  :stuck_out_tongue:

Free invites for first 2 people who PM me.

Now normally, I’d ball you out on this. Look at whats happened to the guys running Pirate Bay… Its not about what you hold, its about what you enable people to do (The get away driver of a bank robbery doesn’t go in the bank and rob, but he helps the people that do)

BUT… Recently here in Blighty with the Oink Torrent site(Google it, I cant be arsed)!  The guy running the site (again, it only held .torrent files) was acquitted of all charges!

And just to note, they arrested the guy and still kept the site running, but the police were running it, not him, it happened to EliteTorrents a while back because of a Star Wars III workprint (and that freaked me out when I went to login and got the ‘FBI’ message… )

If something seems slightly unusual, avoid!

By that analogy, anyone could be sued or arrested for allowing piracy to happen.  Why not sue Google for allowing these sites to be found?  How about companies that make the web browsers that allow you to go to those sites?  Hell why not even Al Gore, the inventor of the internet, for giving people the means to develop this technology in the first place?

Piracy is always going to happen no matter how hard organizations like the RIAA and the MPAA try to stop it.  Instead of trying to sue old women and children, they should’ve embraced the technology themselves and tried to use it to their advantage.

I’m not saying its right, its unfortunatly how the RIAA and MPAA think! And they did try to baulk out Google for allowing these sites to be found, infact, any link to copyrighted material… Around the same time News companies got shitty with Google for ‘stealing’ their news, and places got shitty about images in the image search!

Google is the root of all evil, its why we love them so much! :smile:

And thats the best point I’ve ever seen made! They went for the ‘quick win’ rather than looking at long term. If we could all download, say, Avatar, a month, 2 months after release, pay a few $/£/€ for it, I’m sure most of us would go that route! After all, the big ‘WOW’ and the the way they almost always get the maximum revenue for a movie is when its in the Cinema! If someone makes a shyte film, no-one goes see it, serves them right for making a shyte film :smile:

I tried to pm you… and the site wouldn’t let me pm you. I got as far as your profile and send pm, wrote the pm out and when I hit send it said that you cannot send a pm to this member. Unable to find them? ???  :confused:

Strange :confused:

Edit: Possibly can’t find me because my user name is in Chinese characters, possibly the new forum server doesn’t recognize it. I shall change my username I guess.

Edit#2: Issuing another 2 invites for first two people to PM me. PM’ing issue should be fixed now.

Just thought I’d post that registrations are open today for Demonoid.

demonoid.com/

I believe they open every weekend i have heard. It is open atleast once a week.