Demands for action from the city on the state of the city's downtown image!

“We have a City Administrator and a Toursim man and all these people are supposed to be working and I don’t know what they are doing,” – Civic Pride proponent Charlotte Rowse expressing the frustrations and asking the questions of many in Prince Rupert over the state of city’s decrepit downtown look.

The decline of the city’s downtown area, which looks worse with each passing week has become a key point of concern for local residents, with Charlotte Rowse the feisty, 86 year old dynamo leading the charge for accountability from City council, the civic administration and its various departments.

(from  the blog a town called podunk, click on the link below to see the entire article atowncalledpodunk.blogspot.com/2 … state.html  )

Charlotte for mayor!!  :laughing:
I love that woman.  Good for her for contacting the Audiovision building owners - it already looks much, much better!

She certainly seems to have Council and administration’s number that’s for sure, that was about the most devastating quote I’ve heard in a long time when it comes to wondering what the heck is going on.

Interestingly enough, as usual of late, the city had no reply for her, the reporter or anyone else it seems, something that may come back to haunt them if that kind of public face continues on the hard issues. 

They sure seem to be making more than a few political enemies with their lack of action on anything.