Deliveries

[quote=“Dave”]

Sounds good. I may even have my new iMac by then. Sooooo #$#@ MAD. (Oh just got a call…should be getting it tonight). It’s a long story…I’ll post more later.[/quote]

Have my new iMac now, but I was sure angry this afternoon when the delivery driver called to say that she was headed back to Terrace and that she didnèt hae time to drop the computer off. My wife had waited all day and they knew she was home. So I made a few phone calls…one to FedEx…I guess they called the delivery people, because they called me back saying that they would be making a trip to Rupert this evening. In the end I got the computer about 830pm this evening.

Same issue with my iPod. They wouldn’t deliver it to CHSS, and since I wasn’t home, I would have to pick it up at the depot. The depot closed before I was off work, and was closed at lunchtime. No way for me to get it then, eh? I call fedex, tell them there’s no way for me to get the package … they call me back and tell me the depot will be open late tonight, just for me.

Purolator is so much better.

The guy passes me in the CHSS parking lot today and says “hey, how come you didn’t answer the door at your house this morning? Here’s your package anyway…”

Anyway…

[quote=“Dave”]

Sounds good. I may even have my new iMac by then. Sooooo #$#@ MAD. (Oh just got a call…should be getting it tonight). It’s a long story…I’ll post more later.

Have my new iMac now, but I was sure angry this afternoon when the delivery driver called to say that she was headed back to Terrace and that she didnèt hae time to drop the computer off. My wife had waited all day and they knew she was home. So I made a few phone calls…one to FedEx…I guess they called the delivery people, because they called me back saying that they would be making a trip to Rupert this evening. In the end I got the computer about 830pm this evening.[/quote]

Was this the local UPS driver?

no

I gave up on FedX a long time ago. Doesn’t seem like anything’s changed. Whenever a supplier tries to ship with them I get them to switch to another shipper.

Speaking of UPS…

Last year I received my parcel from this lady who had a cigarette hanging out of her mouth and as it turned out, my entire kitchen reaked of stale cigarette smoke. All the articles were doused in smoke. I gather she smoked all the way from Terrace to Rupert. Gross.

[quote=“Prudence”]Speaking of UPS…

Last year I received my parcel from this lady who had a cigarette hanging out of her mouth and as it turned out, my entire kitchen reaked of stale cigarette smoke. All the articles were doused in smoke. I gather she smoked all the way from Terrace to Rupert. Gross.[/quote]

Same lady that delivers our stock of clothing and shoes everyday. Same nasty smelling boxes.