Debate poll says Biden won, Palin beat expectations

[quote] (CNN) – A national poll of people who watched the vice presidential debate Thursday night suggests that Democratic Sen. Joe Biden won, but also says Republican Gov. Sarah Palin exceeded expectations.

The CNN/Opinion Research Corp. said 51 percent of those polled thought Biden did the best job, while 36 percent thought Palin did the best job.[/quote]

CNN

She was so incredibly rehearsed it’s not funny.  To suddenly go from ambiguity at best to clearly worded answers - and when her tone of voice was different from many of the previous clips/sound bites so that she appeared to exude self confidence…well that raises a big red flag to me.  She went from dancing around the issues (saying many words but not really saying anything at all) to efficiently discussing those issues…well, it seems like she was just the puppet and not the puppeteer.  Very often she referred to her notes and staring into the camera intently as though she were trying to brainwash the viewers didn’t instill a whole lot of confidence in the American public (a bit of an assumption there, but I hope it’s accurate). 

I especially liked this clip - it irks me to think that a woman raising a family under less than ideal conditions thinks she’s special - and not just because she is a woman, but because in this day and age there are an incredible number of people out there struggling and facing all of the issues that parents are faced with.  To steal a quote from the movie Fight Club - “You are not special [Sarah]!”