Debate Club

Isn’t that the truth! Topics in HTMF seem to be simply general guidelines, but that randomness also adds to the amusement value of it. Speaking of entertainment, I was playing the travel version of the board game Othello yesterday and I began to wonder what some of your favorite travel games were?

well dave, i usually drive so my travel games have to be creative. Along the lines of ‘scare the shit out of the Alberta tourists in the Fraser Canyon’ or ‘dodge the cranky cops who are pissed off they got posted to a shithole like Boston Bar’

oh, and I told my kids that their aunties and I tried to scream all the way through each tunnel. They’re usually quiet from Yale to Vancouver then, and all it costs is a couple of cigarette filters for your ears. i think they’re gasping at me to stop for something to drink? Nah, keep going!]

hahaha screaming through tunnels is fun along that route. We also always held our breaths going over bridges, and would paddle anytime we passed someone.

I have no problems with mc donalds watered down…whatever it is

Or the watered down pop from the theatre… that stuff is nasty. But the koolaid rocks. At least it’s supposed to be watered down.

McDonalds is the only place that Coca Cola allows to water down the recipe.

Does anyone know how to tell McDonalds Coke from McDonalds rootbeer with out a lab like on CSI?

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]McDonalds is the only place that Coca Cola allows to water down the recipe.

Does anyone know how to tell McDonalds Coke from McDonalds rootbeer with out a lab like on CSI?[/quote]

They poke the dimple on the lid.

Or you could taste it. Because they taste different, you see.

Try this Wondermike:

bet people a buck they can’t tell coke from rootbeer with their nose pulgged. it works! Some people can’t tell coke from sprite with nose plugged.

at McDonalds it ALL tastes like sugary dishwater [how polite i am]. I was going to say more but this rant is dedicted to Tim Hortons:

when I drive all the way to a town that’s got one i want DONUTS. I don’t wanna see six donuts and fifteen thousand bagels an muffins. I want gooey heart clogging tooth rotting donuts. Not an empty shelf so i felt guilty buying a box and leaving like six for the other fifty people in the lineup. If I wanted healthy hippy food I’d have married Pam, who stil gives me nightmares cuz i might go to a LCB someday and she’s sitting out front playing kumbayah on a 12 string…

BTW Dave - have we given the debate club enough possible topics yet?

man, hortons doesnt even fuckin cook their donuts in house anymore do they??

baker boy all the way.

I used to really like the chocolate cake donuts at Tim’s. Now, they suck. Bummer.

All the Tim Hortons stuff is still baked on site, but it’s all frozen donuts now.

They were much better when they were baked from scratch on site.

“frozen donuts” “baked on site” = does not compute.

heating is only the final step in the baking process - which I would define as preparing, mixing, forming, and then baking.

i dont even like their particular type of coffee…but that place is full %50 of the time so they must be doing something right…

I was going to start a new forum, but what the heck, you guys are all talking about food anyway. How about a debate on what is the best condiment?

All condiments have their place, you should name a food its going on, or sandwich or something.

did you say condom mints? why mentos of course!

[quote=“Alpine Scrub”]“frozen donuts” “baked on site” = does not compute.

heating is only the final step in the baking process - which I would define as preparing, mixing, forming, and then baking.

i dont even like their particular type of coffee…but that place is full %50 of the time so they must be doing something right…[/quote]

The donuts are shipped to the stores frozen, they are then cooked (baked as opposed to fried) and glazed (or whatever else) at their final destination.

I hate mayonnaise and, therefore, it has no right place in my world.

People that come to my house and look in my fridge are amazed at the number of condiments in it. There are only 2 people living in my house, and at any given time there are 6 types of salad dressing, 2 or 3 kinds of bbq sauce, 3 or 4 kinds of jam, 2 kinds of peanut butter, the usual hotdog stuff, and numerous other sauces, dips and marinades.

All this, and we very seldom ever eat at home.