Dd-wrt

Tell me all about it, what is it. How do you set it up, use it. What exactly is it good for?

tomato is also good.

DD-wrt, is good for unlocking WAY more features of the router that is supported. Good for extending range and up’ing the power of the router, default it is set at say 25% some times you can push them to 75% get longer range faster speeds. more port forwarding more control over the unit :0

Do it!

Try untangle /astaro while you are at it!

Astaro was in the same building as me a few years ago and had a 100mbit connection with ‘us’. Good crew but they laid off everyone in canada and moved support to germany or something. Not sure how their products were/are in production I’ve heard mixed reports. I hated the interface.

DD-WRT isnt something ‘professional grade’ but for home use its great.

my old wrt54g runs nicely on it especially since i underclocked it.

[quote=“jesus”]Astaro was in the same building as me a few years ago and had a 100mbit connection with ‘us’. Good crew but they laid off everyone in canada and moved support to germany or something. Not sure how their products were/are in production I’ve heard mixed reports. I hated the interface.

DD-WRT isnt something ‘professional grade’ but for home use its great.

my old wrt54g runs nicely on it especially since i underclocked it.[/quote]

The new V8 Of the internface of Astaro is GREAT! I love it! you get 50 ip’s unlike the last free version of 10ip’s

I’m working on both units, Untangel & Astaro. Iike them both, one is way harder to setup that’s for sure, but that’s because its more secure and picky!

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_7zMVY4tjpp0/TJLR-IC48mI/AAAAAAAAKc8/qX5vR2Zo1xU/s912/astaro-dashboard-new.jpg

Adding rules!
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_7zMVY4tjpp0/TJU55ghVGUI/AAAAAAAAKdg/VRPdIUj9p_8/s912/astaro-587.jpg

So I GET the reason why this certain software wants to use it, so it can address all the APs the same way.
My helper installed it on a Nanostation today, a real ordeal as I let him work his way thru alone. Unfortunately he grabbed the WRONG Nanostation and installed it, and it immediately warned it’s an 18 hr trial version then you need to buy a license.
So I hope I can flash it back… and bring in my old Linksys to learn on.

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]So I GET the reason why this certain software wants to use it, so it can address all the APs the same way.
My helper installed it on a Nanostation today, a real ordeal as I let him work his way thru alone. Unfortunately he grabbed the WRONG Nanostation and installed it, and it immediately warned it’s an 18 hr trial version then you need to buy a license.
So I hope I can flash it back… and bring in my old Linksys to learn on.[/quote]

Untangle + few Ap’s = Success !!