Damages done to Rainforest Books

Last night at some point someone walking past the store picked up one of our big 100lbs+ rock planters and smashed it all over the sidewalk. Fortunately nothing else was damaged, but this is the second planter that has been destroyed infront of our store. We have gone through and removed the hanging basket and other rock planter from the store. Hopefully the damage being done on the streets stops as we buisnesses are just doing what we can to help make the streets look better.
Thank you to the wonderful customer that stopped to help me clean the mess up!!! It was very much appreciated!!!

[quote=“rainforest books”]Last night at some point someone walking past the store picked up one of our big 100lbs+ rock planters and smashed it all over the sidewalk. Fortunately nothing else was damaged, but this is the second planter that has been destroyed infront of our store. We have gone through and removed the hanging basket and other rock planter from the store. Hopefully the damage being done on the streets stops as we buisnesses are just doing what we can to help make the streets look better.
Thank you to the wonderful customer that stopped to help me clean the mess up!!! It was very much appreciated!!![/quote]

Ugly bit of business in front of your store, be sure to fire off a note to City Council, the fab six and Mayor Moustache don’t seem to think we have much of a vandalism problem in town. Probably couldn’t hurt to send them the photo either, might help with the visual aid.

There have also been a few of the newly planted trees snapped in two. Bastards!

Ugly bit of business in front of your store, be sure to fire off a note to City Council, the fab six and Mayor Moustache don’t seem to think we have much of a vandalism problem in town. Probably couldn’t hurt to send them the photo either, might help with the visual aid.

Thank you so much for the idea!!! Will be doing so in the next bit!

That is very sad to see too!! It broke my heart to see that people we doing this kind of damage.

That is so sad. I can’t understand why people would want to destroy something that is helping to make the street more attractive and appealing. Those pots were beautiful that you had infront of the store! And the 1 hanging pot you had was just as nice. When I drove by this morning it just looked empty in front of your store which is not fair to you as you were only wanting to enjoy the plants.

Have you written a letter to the mayor or city council? Will be interesting to hear what the reply is or if you even get a reply!!! I wonder if they will even do something, specially with the damages to the new trees on 3rd Ave West and some on 2nd Ave.

[quote=“bookgirl13”]That is so sad. I can’t understand why people would want to destroy something that is helping to make the street more attractive and appealing. Those pots were beautiful that you had infront of the store! And the 1 hanging pot you had was just as nice. When I drove by this morning it just looked empty in front of your store which is not fair to you as you were only wanting to enjoy the plants.

Have you written a letter to the mayor or city council? Will be interesting to hear what the reply is or if you even get a reply!!! I wonder if they will even do something, specially with the damages to the new trees on 3rd Ave West and some on 2nd Ave.[/quote]

They don’t care. That’s why they want to destroy something beautiful. Bunch of loser kids, probably, who’s parents don’t give two damns either.

Thats horrible, especially because Gord and Tammy are such great people. Hmmm I hope someone stands up.

Sorry to hear guys.

-kt

Makes me sick. We used to live next door to Rainforest and had so much vandalism done to our vehicles it was stupid! Then when we reported to police they just said it was kids. I hate violence but more and more often i feel like just taking someout out back to the woodshed and letting them have it with a twitchy birch branch. Good Luck Gord and Tammy - you guys work too hard on adding a vibrant footprint to the community…from flowers to painting the building and all the extras…keep on! Now moved on to new town but will always remember you guys!