CTV gives the CBC a smackdown on the hockey theme

“Ms. Claman is suggesting that if the CBC doesn’t want her song then she’ll be more than happy to head off to the competition to belt out the opening notes. The only thing is, so far TSN and Sportsnet have been rather quiet on the whole situation and frankly it’s doubtful that they would be all that interested in the iconic anthem, as historic as it is.”-- The genial host of this blog, showing that sometimes we don’t know what the hell we’re talking about!

Ahem, as we were thinking, we wonder if CTV might be interested in buying the theme to Hockey Night in Canada, er, yeah that’s what we were thinking…

The blood feud between Canada’s two largest broadcast organizations took a surprising twist today ast CTV announced that they have reached an agreement with Copyright Music & Visuals to broadcast the familiar theme “in perpetuity” on all hockey telecasts on TSN and RDS, as well as on CTV during the 2010 Olympics…

( from  the blog a town called podunk,  click on the link below to see the entire article atowncalledpodunk.blogspot.com/2 … 3871324475 )-

Everybody but the CBC saw that coming.

LOL, well I guess I had best ask why I’m not on the payroll at the CBC, I didn’t think that TSN/CTV et al would get involved in the bargaining, I just figured they would let the CBC stew in the bad press until the summer got hotter.

Guess I was wrong, they’re sure making hay out of the silly thing that’s for sure, they opened up their Sportsdesk program with the theme tonight…