Credit Union IS PISSING ME OFF!

Once again the credit union here in town is down again. They always go down. Do the other banks in town go down this much. And now there closed on saturday which was the only day i ever went.

there reason for being closed on Saterdays is get this …lol… to many other people who do not belong to the credit union were using there service…lol… So they punished the people who are members…lol…

I suggest to switch banks, dude. Scotia :wink:

Ive been with TD For 21 years and ive never had a problem.

The Royal rocks for me… I get paid at least 2 days earlier than I would with any other bank.

Not true, man.

Not too many other banks have branches open on Saturdays, the Credit Union was just following suit. It saves a LOT of payroll by being closed saturdays and sundays.

I don’t understand why Northern Savings’ lines go down most sundays though. If I did my majority of banking there, I’d think of switching.

scotia is good; low rates.

I like the TD best… more personal than any other bank. They always call you buy name, not number and you don’t need your parents to sign if you’re not yet 25 years old.

Okay, just wondering, but most of the people on HTMF are regular computer users. Doesn’t anyone besides myself just use internet banking exclusively? Great rates, great hours, no fees.

Internet banking is awesome, I use it all the time, but with some things you just have to go to the bank.

The only time I go into a bank is to deposit my cheque in the bank machine, and then I just move my money around online at home. So nice.

If I can throw my 2-bits into the ring…I’ve dealt with Scotiabank ever since we bought our house 6 years ago, and have not had any problems. They aren’t open Saturdays, but if that is what you are used to, then it doesn’t bother you.

There’s one thing you can do at a Credit Union that you can’t do at a bank. Go to the board meeting and vote out the idiots that closed it Saturdays… :laughing:

I thought you had to be elected on to the board of directors before you could make and decision making votes.

Yes, i most certantly use online banking with the TD bank, and I now also have direct deposit. I went to the credit union last year to open an account (20 years old), and they wanted my parents signature to get a *#@$ing aTm card, as well as a witness’ signature to get online banking. Well then credit union, kiss my shiny metal ass!

[quote=“Delirious”]
I thought you had to be elected on to the board of directors before you could make and decision making votes.[/quote]

I dunno about Northern Savings, but every credit union that I’ve known, you are essentially a shareholder in that particular credit union, which allows you to vote for board members.

BTW, for anyone in the Vancouver area, Vancity credit union is great, if you can find a good branch. The one out near Metrotown in Burnaby, some of the workers were pretty bitchy. But now that I’m living up in North Burnaby, I got a branch down the street on Hastings, and they’re probably the best “bank” that I’ve been with to date. Scotiabank was great for a while, then they went downhill. Bank of Montreal was great in Rupert, but shit down here in Burnaby. Vancity was shit at Metrotown, great at Hastings. I guess the tricky part is finding a either a bank or credit union with the fees you want, that also has a good location close to you.

[quote=“Dave”]

Okay, just wondering, but most of the people on HTMF are regular computer users. Doesn’t anyone besides myself just use internet banking exclusively? Great rates, great hours, no fees.[/quote]

Yeah i’ve been using pcfinancial for a long long time. It’s all online and there’s no fees, i’ve never even been to a bank before. I had to go once here and rupert and it was pretty confusing, I didn’t know how to pay a bill manually :smile:

Hey Mr. B you’re in my old haunts. Checked out Antoine’s yet, or the sushi place by the firehall? Going down the long weekend to show that part of Burnaby off to my lady. She wants to check out the Red Apple store and puke about the prices we pay up North.
Hope there’s still 100s of open wireless systems across the street from the condo…
great Thai place around Madison or Carleton too. taht whole stretch from Sperling to Boundary is pretty cool. It was a real dunghole when I grew up there.