Cops Again

Yeah, “you dont have to meet these. wink wing :wink:

Looks like the new security gate at the port.

I think that must be the new gates at Ridley.  There goes access to the only place where one can see the open ocean wiothout a boat.  Our access to recreational land, unless you want to climb straight up or drive an hour, is terrible.

Who needs cops anymore?  Do-it-yourself guides will help you do your own investigations:

http://tinyurl.com/2oxe94

as far as i know we will be allowed access to ridley at any time we want
unless there is a terror threat… only then will the gates be closed

I’ve heard the same…something about MARSEC levels.  I hope that you’re right. 

whisprwave.com/2005/05/marin … level.html

That is just not true.  I’ve received 2 speeding tickets in my lifetime where I was not speeding.  Once I was apparently clocked at 112 km/hr coming into the corner at the Port Ed turnoff.  Another time I was apparently clocked at 128 km/hr after just turning onto a long straight stretch on the highway from a side road.  Both times I think that the radar gun was reading someone at the other end of each straight stretch and not me.  Why did I not fight the tickets?  Because I fought a littering fine in court once when I was fined because I put something on the ground that I wasn’t throwing away.  In court the officer lied.  It was his word against mine and who do you think the judge is going to believe?  I understand that police can make mistakes like everyone else.  They are just human but to outright lie is an abuse of power.  More than one asshole has slipped through the cracks.

your speedometer could have been off too… never know

Definitely not.  The first one was in a truck that was high.  I was between the overhead highway sign and the corner.  If I was going 112 where he said he clocked me I would have flipped the truck.

The 2nd one, I had just come onto the highway about 500 metres before I got pulled over.  I was driving a sportscar and when I saw the cop I looked at my speedometer.  It said that I was going about 95km/ hr.  A far cry from 128.  I had just come onto the road a half km before.

Well on Friday night I went through the intersection at Greene Clinic, it was amber when I started but as I was turning towards old Booth it turned red, I had the Christmas lights on me like a fly, I told him it was amber when I started and changed, he hit me with a fine of $167.00 yes it pissed me off thinking of fighting it. Piss me right off.

Don’t wanna burst your bubble, but if it’s red while you’re still in the intersection you’re breaking the law. The only time you should go through the yellow light is if the light went from green to yellow while you were 2 meters or closer to the intersection (the ‘point of no return’). In all other cases you have to stop at the amber light.

There ain’t no Bubble , I broke the law you are right and so was the officer in question, but it screws my perfect record of never getting a ticket, yeah I am still pissed but at myself.

man none of you have driven in Vancouver I see, If you dont get into a intersection before it turns red you will have a long wait… so if im in the intersection trying to make a turn and have to wait for the light to turn red im breaking the law…I dont think so… I have never had a problem with the police regarding that…and even had a officer wait for the me to make my turn on a red light I was already in the intersection when it was green and could not make due to oncomming trafic…

Nothing pisses me like the chickenshit drivers in PG who won’t even enter the intersection to make a left… they sit there until it’s clear, often for several light changes.
Get IN the intersection, then you HAVE to make the left when the light goes yellow.

I wonder if the fellow today was in a hurry and tried to beat a red light at the intersection by Tim Hortons.  :unamused:

Drive in kelowna and you will see why this very thing is a HUGE problem.