Contamination Threat

and in my closet.

They’ve already won.

I slept from 7am to 10pm today, now I’m going to get some Coke.

Last exam tomorrow, w00tyb00ty!

im a terrorist.

watch now ill get arrested stupid americans :wink:

Oh man, now here come the ‘stupid American’ comments, from the stupid Canadian nonetheless.

watch talking to americans… watch teh one george bush is on you will understand.
especially when you realize the american people elected the dumbass

HAhaah Bush was making some sort of important public annoucement on CNN the other day, and I couldn’t stop laughing at how poorly he spoke. He messed up several sentences, and sounded like he didn’t know a damn thing about what was going on. It was great.

haha bush called our prime minister, jean poutine

[quote=“mrj”]watch talking to americans… watch teh one george bush is on you will understand.
especially when you realize the american people elected the dumbass[/quote]

Man, you’re a prime example of how easy it is to exploit people.

You watch some people make mistakes on T.V. and all of a sudden you think you’re above them. Well, there’s idiots in every society. There are misconceptions among everyone. Just because someone tapes a few people making seemingly dumb comments, etc, in a different country, then broadcasts it in your own country and gets a few laughs out of it, doesn’t mean that people around you, INCLUDING you, don’t have equally misguided perceptions.

I hate how everyone sits around and points at ‘the dumb yanks’ and calls them arrogant and stupid. Maybe they seem that way, and yes a few are, but if we’re doing this we’re just as stupid as them. Because there are a lot of people among us who would make equally dumb comments about lesser known places. We might be there Geographical neighbour, but I’m sure they’ve got better things to do than know Canadian trivia. I’m not saying that I’m not proud of my country, and glad to be here. And I do find some of the misconceptions humorous, but I also know that I must have some misconceptions about other countries.

It’s okay to laugh, but to call Americans stupid is ignorant. Anyone can walk through a couple hundred million people with a camera and film some dumb things. You could probably even get some well known people to say some pretty dumb things. Does that mean they’re really that dumb and not just playing along for publicity? Or does that REALLY relect on everyone in that country as a whole? Because, you know, if someone important says something stupid everyone in that country just MUST share their similarily misguided perception. Yeah, that must be it. Right?

Do we really think that the ‘dumb Yanks’ are much different than you or I? Do we really think that much differently, look that different?
Canada is supposed to be a country that embraces such things anyway. Can we really sit here and think that Americans are stupid? Maybe they’re ignorant of us? That’s it, right? The bigger country right next to us doesn’t aknowledge us to the extent which we think they should, so we cross our arms, huff and puff, and call them stupid. “Stupid yanks,” I can almost hear it now.

I’ve got relatives in the states who I see every once in awhile, and from personal experience the ‘dumb Yanks’ are pretty nice, and pretty smart. In fact, I don’t think they’re much different from us at all. Minus the slightly different government and whatnot. Sure, there are exceptions to everything, and that’s what “talking to Americans is all about” exploiting those exceptions. We do it to them, they do it to us. Yes, they have shows in the States that portait us as a bunch of idiots too. It’s nothing new.

There are also two factors which make the states seem all that more oblivious to us. First of all, their size. They have more people, so more idiots. Also, want it or not we’re just not that important. Yeah, just not that important. The states overshadows us, we’re just kind of swallowed up by them. Want it or not they mean more to us then we do to them. We’ve been taught more about their culture and so forth because of that fact alone, and in the same token we’re probably guilty of the same sort of ignorance to smaller countries than ourselves that the US shows to us.

If you watch those shows and think that it reflects the intelligence of a country in general, well, then you’re just plain f*cking stupid.

It’s people like you who they film.

the distinction between people and policy

[quote=“King Unruly”]

[quote=“mrj”]watch talking to americans… watch teh one george bush is on you will understand.
especially when you realize the american people elected the dumbass[/quote]

Man, you’re a prime example of how easy it is to exploit people.

You watch some people make mistakes on T.V. and all of a sudden you think you’re above them. Well, there’s idiots in every society. There are misconceptions among everyone. Just because someone tapes a few people making seemingly dumb comments, etc, in a different country, then broadcasts it in your own country and gets a few laughs out of it, doesn’t mean that people around you, INCLUDING you, don’t have equally misguided perceptions.

I hate how everyone sits around and points at ‘the dumb yanks’ and calls them arrogant and stupid. Maybe they seem that way, and yes a few are, but if we’re doing this we’re just as stupid as them. Because there are a lot of people among us who would make equally dumb comments about lesser known places. We might be there Geographical neighbour, but I’m sure they’ve got better things to do than know Canadian trivia. I’m not saying that I’m not proud of my country, and glad to be here. And I do find some of the misconceptions humorous, but I also know that I must have some misconceptions about other countries.

It’s okay to laugh, but to call Americans stupid is ignorant. Anyone can walk through a couple hundred million people with a camera and film some dumb things. You could probably even get some well known people to say some pretty dumb things. Does that mean they’re really that dumb and not just playing along for publicity? Or does that REALLY relect on everyone in that country as a whole? Because, you know, if someone important says something stupid everyone in that country just MUST share their similarily misguided perception. Yeah, that must be it. Right?

Do we really think that the ‘dumb Yanks’ are much different than you or I? Do we really think that much differently, look that different?
Canada is supposed to be a country that embraces such things anyway. Can we really sit here and think that Americans are stupid? Maybe they’re ignorant of us? That’s it, right? The bigger country right next to us doesn’t aknowledge us to the extent which we think they should, so we cross our arms, huff and puff, and call them stupid. “Stupid yanks,” I can almost hear it now.

I’ve got relatives in the states who I see every once in awhile, and from personal experience the ‘dumb Yanks’ are pretty nice, and pretty smart. In fact, I don’t think they’re much different from us at all. Minus the slightly different government and whatnot. Sure, there are exceptions to everything, and that’s what “talking to Americans is all about” exploiting those exceptions. We do it to them, they do it to us. Yes, they have shows in the States that portait us as a bunch of idiots too. It’s nothing new.

There are also two factors which make the states seem all that more oblivious to us. First of all, their size. They have more people, so more idiots. Also, want it or not we’re just not that important. Yeah, just not that important. The states overshadows us, we’re just kind of swallowed up by them. Want it or not they mean more to us then we do to them. We’ve been taught more about their culture and so forth because of that fact alone, and in the same token we’re probably guilty of the same sort of ignorance to smaller countries than ourselves that the US shows to us.

If you watch those shows and think that it reflects the intelligence of a country in general, well, then you’re just plain f*cking stupid.

It’s people like you who they film.[/quote]

Hey man I have a few friends in the states myself, but you have to admit that George W. Bush is a faggot who doesn’t know anything else to do other than blow shit up. I’m not saying let these other countries walk on them but wow! I have to say that he’s made some poor decisions.

In conclusion I say sure respect your freinds / family in the united states, but if you respect the president and america alone than become an american citizen if you love the country so much.

hook line and sinker :wink:

stupid canadian eh!

what a waste of time that was typing all that out…

At least Canada and the US can agree on one thing: Close off the border to Mexico!

Do you think that it was Bush’s sole decision to go to war?

What about the Congress and the Senate?

I hear a lot of People say, George Bush is such a homo because all he can do is blow stuff up. He’s the one we should blame, he’s the one that should rot in hell…

That’s bull, all three parts are equally responsible. It’s like the Trinity.

The decision to goto war is bush’s decision…

I’m pretty sure that for any foreign policy to pass in American politics all three entities need to agree.

The reason congress approved it was because they didnt want to go against the president. It would be bad for politics.

The final decision is the presidents. congress and the senate may have to agreee but once they do its his decision./

…silly American fools.

Senate signs international treaties (one reason League of nations failed). Congress (senate+house) declares war.

The president is commander in chief, can can deploy US troops for a limited time with nobody’s permission. It’s not a war, though, unless congress approves. Therefore, Vietnam wasn’t a war, neither was grenada, panama, or the 200 other times US troops have been deployed since WW2.

MiG