Construction across from Northern Savings

Looks like construction is starting to begin on something in the big lot across from Northern Savings/Old Dairy Queen Building.

Maybe this is the start of the elusive A&W that apparently is STILL slated to open in this city.

I guess we will see.

Was told by workers on site that at the moment they are simply improving drainage on the lot … maybe a prelude to further development???

Interesting…I wonder why they are doing work on the hillside/rock behind that lot if this work is just for drainage. It does at this point look like any work being done is right tucked in that back corner close to Rupert Cleaners.

Yeah a bunch of trees and dirt slid down the bank onto the roof and up against the back of stuck on and rupert cleaners so it needed to be dealt with !

I heard that its going to be the new branch office for the Credit Union. Could be just a Prince Rumour.

So I looked into it with A&W and this is not construction for their Rupert franchise. They said the location for A&W will be on 2nd Avenue West, construction will start in 2015.

the A and W plan on 2nd was cancelled due to traffic flow concerns

^^
I am only going on what was directly said to me by the A&W franchising coordinator.

Apparently A&W will be opening in the Mall across from the Source. My fella was chatting with one of the crew today. The sign will be going up in a few days. April Fools joke or for real and do we need another eatery in the Mall. But I guess that is the 2nd. Ave. W. location then.

original intend was lot at 2nd and McBride cant see the space in the mall being large enough but time will tell.

I think original plan was top left corner of the RSSC parking lot, which then moved to the location on 2nd Ave West.

What I don’t get is why A&W corporate is still saying 2nd Ave West is going to be the location, yet you have heard something different.

How do you know the 2nd Ave West idea is no longer happening? Did you contact A&W?

I heard A&W was now planning to construct on Lelu Island. They have put in an application to the PRPA to have a Pinnacle Pellet silo just to store there fries in. Also I heard that the Prince Rupert Fire Department has voted to become an auxillary non-payed department, so they have volunteered to staff A&W for free…

RE: Knowing about the cancellation of 2nd Ave. A and W

Someone on this very site had talked to depart of highways and were told it’s was not happening due to traffic flow concerns anyway we have enough people including myself that need to eat as little fast food as possible so Terrace works for me when I do all my shopping except food up there.

[quote=“jamesbrown”]RE: Knowing about the cancellation of 2nd Ave. A and W

Someone on this very site had talked to depart of highways and were told it’s was not happening due to traffic flow concerns anyway we have enough people including myself that need to eat as little fast food as possible so Terrace works for me when I do all my shopping except food up there.[/quote]

Thanks