Conservatives go on the attack on copyright law

So if there is no digital lock as there wasn’t on the CDs that I have copied to my computer and IPod are we free to copy and share with friends?

And as an oldtimer who has yet to download music (free and otherwise) from the internet how will that work. If I purchase a song through Itunes and download it to this computer will there be a way to recopy to my IPod and presumably to the IPods of my friends and family.

I know when we purchase some software like Microsoft Office for example we were able to register a number of computers so all of my kids were able to use the one purchase. If that is part of the legislation then I would have a much easier time accepting it. Not being able to make a backup or not being able to have it on more than one personal device seems ridiculous.

Still seeking clarification because on the news last night it seemed to indicate that people could still share music. The creative people they focussed on were video game designers.

under new law you can copy any media you buy as long as there is no DRM, you crack the DRM you are in trouble, and no you can’t resell the cd, dvd even for a nickel, otherwise jail time, but if i’m correct itunes music is DRM free? and RIM is starting a music sharing site as well where you can listen to any music online for a monthly fee and download, i might be wrong here, 25 songs to store, but you can also listen to the music of your friends on BBM for no extra charge