Computer Prob..HELP!

Hi,
I am wondering if one of you wizards could possibly help me? My home pc will turn on but sends no info to the screen…My screen is only like two years old nothing shows up, the power button goes on but no info. I have disconnnected everything from the tower and even tried my old screen…When I turn it on it says pls start from pc? WTH? I don’t know if my tower is toast or what…Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
PS
Pls translate into english… LOL

[quote=“Northern Chick”]Hi,
I am wondering if one of you wizards could possibly help me? My home pc will turn on but sends no info to the screen…My screen is only like two years old nothing shows up, the power button goes on but no info. I have disconnnected everything from the tower and even tried my old screen…When I turn it on it says pls start from pc? WTH? I don’t know if my tower is toast or what…Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
PS
Pls translate into english… LOL[/quote]

sounds like video card, if you don’t know how to fix it, take it to databoy!

Thanks! :smile:

How long has this been happening for? If it was working fine recently and then suddenly stop working, it might be either the video card or the cable itself.

Does it go “Fleep!!!” ?
If it goes “Fleep !!” and still no video, take it to the shop.
If it doesn’t even go “Fleep !!!” take it to the dump and get a new one.

sounds like its the motherboard… not sure if it’s even worth repairing or just to get a new one…thanks for the input!

theres what appears to be a nice acer laptop at staples for 369.00

Acer laptop’s are garbage!

thanks for the input… btw I had an acer mini notebook…and it died to!! Crap!
In need of a home pc for all my media n such. I have an ipad but am limited what i can do with pictures n such…

[quote=“Northern Chick”]thanks for the input… btw I had an acer mini notebook…and it died to!! Crap!
In need of a home pc for all my media n such. I have an ipad but am limited what i can do with pictures n such…[/quote]

Spend the money then, save them loonies up, and buy a mac :smile:

Mac mini’s are cheap now!

Forget mac’s overpriced , Asus’s laptops are good and you can find decent ones at Ncix or try locally first

If it’s your main home computer don’t even think about a laptop.
Go buy a custom built white box computer (no brand name). Or get a new motherboard/CPU installed in your old one.
Or want to go Mac? Still have your flatscreen, mouse & keyboard? Buy a Mac mini.

[quote=“jase”]

Acer laptop’s are garbage![/quote]

Yes only apple makes good computers/phones/anything.

[quote=“jesus”]

Acer laptop’s are garbage!

Yes only apple makes good computers/phones/anything.[/quote]

You just realized this now ?

Thanks for all the replies! I am in the process of getting my old pc fixed. If not am gonna get a new one and have all my stuff from the old pc added to the new one. And yes its for my main home pc…
since I have your attention, my “acer” mini will not turn on at all…don’t know if its just the battery not retaining the charge or what. We have taken the battery off and just tried with adapter but no go…
any ideas?

[quote=“Northern Chick”]Thanks for all the replies! I am in the process of getting my old pc fixed. If not am gonna get a new one and have all my stuff from the old pc added to the new one. And yes its for my main home pc…
since I have your attention, my “acer” mini will not turn on at all…don’t know if its just the battery not retaining the charge or what. We have taken the battery off and just tried with adapter but no go…
any ideas?[/quote]

it’s nothing to do with the battery then, take the power adapter to databoy ask them to check to see if it putting out power out of the tip if not then buy new adapter :smile:

They fail all the time…

[quote=“jase”]

[quote=“Northern Chick”]Thanks for all the replies! I am in the process of getting my old pc fixed. If not am gonna get a new one and have all my stuff from the old pc added to the new one. And yes its for my main home pc…
any ideas?[/quote]

it’s nothing to do with the battery then, take the power adapter to databoy ask them to check to see if it putting out power out of the tip if not then buy new adapter :smile:

They fail all the time…[/quote]

Yeah, I’ve been through four of them, and am now on my fifth for my Dell Laptop.