Community garden...any ideas?

I am thinking of starting up a community garden here in town. i think it is an awesome idea that could benifit for those involved and those in need! does any one have a idea of a great site, or who would like to help? thank you for your time!

How many times has this idea come up and no one has done anything with the idea. Rod Kingfield was supposed to do this years ago and nothing went down. So there must be someone in town who must know what happened to the harvest which never happened.

There’s one close to the hospital

Colleen Hermanson was involved with a community garden last year.
You may want to get in touch with her.

And there is a second one going to be on the east side of town near BC Housing, and yes contact Colleen Hermanson, our group has a plot at the first one.

Why not start a new garden location as well?

Given the soaring cost of food a local grown-your-own effort would be a very good idea. The more the merrier. I was thinking of starting my own garden as well - $50 gets a person hardly anything to feed a family these days.

[quote=“MeepMeepZoom”]Why not start a new garden location as well?

Given the soaring cost of food a local grown-your-own effort would be a very good idea. The more the merrier. I was thinking of starting my own garden as well - $50 gets a person hardly anything to feed a family these days.[/quote]

I agree thats what me nd my husband were talking about i mean i live on the end of 11th e and i wouldnt be able to get to the other end to garden! but i was thinking that some of the proceeds be donated to the good food box

[quote=“r40345”]
Colleen Hermanson was involved with a community garden last year.
You may want to get in touch with her.[/quote]

ty vm i will get in touch with her i know her! awesome!

Not to mention the help it might bring bees and other insect pollinators.

Notice in last Friday’s Recreation Announcements.

The KAPS “Weed 'N Feed” COMMUNITY GARDEN has spaces available for winter and spring gardening. Rental for the year is $40 and includes key to the locked fencing.
For further information, call Joe Lorello 627-5277 and leave a message.