Coal mines

Sounds like bad news for Ridley…700 mine workers being laid off near Tumbler Ridge,not sure how many tons were shipped here.

That is pretty awful for Tumbler Ridge…the town has 3500 people, so 700 jobs being lost is going to be devastating. Mining is really their only industry as well, so that is not going to be good.

I am sure this will impact Ridley in some way…but I am sure they will be alright in the end.

[quote=“bthedog”]That is pretty awful for Tumbler Ridge…the town has 3500 people, so 700 jobs being lost is going to be devastating. Mining is really their only industry as well, so that is not going to be good.

I am sure this will impact Ridley in some way…but I am sure they will be alright in the end.[/quote]

This will effect Ridley as the coal from these facilities are transported here for shipment to Asia for steel producers.

tumbler ridge is a pretty resilient place…its had its major ups and downs.
after the first collapse they we trying to seel homes as vacation homes…lol…executive style homes going for 35k…then they found a new batch of coal or the price rebounded and mine started back up.

GM- your certain that this coal is not destined for roberts bank?

[quote=“mcsash”]tumbler ridge is a pretty resilient place…its had its major ups and downs.
after the first collapse they we trying to seel homes as vacation homes…lol…executive style homes going for 35k…then they found a new batch of coal or the price rebounded and mine started back up.

GM- your certain that this coal is not destined for roberts bank?[/quote]

I read on the Globe and Mail that this coal is transported to Prince Rupert (Ridley Island)