Clark to make announcement Monday

Anyone have information about Clark’s visit Monday? Is she making some kind of announcement in Rupert?
http://www.cftktv.com/News/Story.aspx?ID=1539466

Boom times ahead! Whatever it is you know you can trust her she’s definitely not electioneering. If its one thing she’s known for its integrity.

She’s just what our province needs. gordon campbell with a menstrual cycle.

HTMF is paging Ajaye.

If you’re on the front page, please reply.

Thank you.

[quote=“jesus”]Boom times ahead! **Whatever it is you know you can trust her she’s definitely not electioneering. If its one thing she’s known for its integrity. **

She’s just what our province needs. gordon campbell with a menstrual cycle.[/quote]

lmao

Ah yes more stellar contributions to the debate on htmf, so we’re going to move on to misogyny now?

Is that you, Rudy?

phase II…

Oh, that reminds me…

Multisyllabic utterances, oh my. :smile:

hitest hunts for his Oxford dictionary

some kind of announcement at the port, what kind who knows, maybe a nuclear power plant? hehe

[quote=“MiG”]Oh, that reminds me…

http://i.imgur.com/77yvH.gif[/quote]

That looks more like a camel Mig. Not a horse. :stuck_out_tongue:

theglobeandmail.com/news/nat … le2170571/

thetyee.ca/Blogs/TheHook/BC-Poli … ClarkPort/

What does it mean when they say a project will create 570 direct jobs?

cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c … upert.html

“The announcement came with promises from Clark of 570 new construction jobs and about 4,000 jobs at the port terminal once the expansion is complete. But it is not clear how many of those will be new jobs and how many are already filled by CN workers.”

“Canada begins here” was the motto being repeated at almost every opportunity at the first announcement of the government’s new job strategy by the Premier, Christy Clark, in Prince Rupert on Monday. The plan dubbed,“The BC Jobs Plan,” will be released with all the details on Thursday, but judging by today’s announcement, the plan emphasizes developing long-term trade with Asia as a way to create resource-industry jobs across British Columbia.

Business leaders and local politicians, were crowded into a warehouse at the port’s Fairview container terminal to hear Clark talk about the many millions of dollars the province, the Prince Rupert Port Authority and CN Rail intend to spend here.

bclocalnews.com/bc_north/the … 60948.html

Well if nothing else, guess Ms. Clark is dedicated to recycling.

From Michael Smyth’s column of yesterday

theprovince.com/business/Chr … story.html

Sure hope that the media that was there yesterday come back in three years and do a head count, sure would like to see how many of the 4,000 jobs have arrived by then.

[quote=“Smurfette”]Well if nothing else, guess Ms. Clark is dedicated to recycling.

From Michael Smyth’s column of yesterday

theprovince.com/business/Chr … story.html

Sure hope that the media that was there yesterday come back in three years and do a head count, sure would like to see how many of the 4,000 jobs have arrived by then.[/quote]

This was my point the other day. Where will the jobs be? Does expanding the rail link mean that mines will have easier access to the port; therefore mines are more likely to open up and those mining jobs are being counted. Is the construction going to require so many people for x many months? 15M / 576 = about $26,000 per job or six months work.

Did any reporter ask for specifics?

Someone has pulled out a calculator and done some fact checking.

theglobeandmail.com/news/nat … le2175354/

And others aren’t impressed.

fullcomment.nationalpost.com/201 … ther-side/

The Conservative National Post sees the BC Liberals under Christy Clark with her ties to the federal Liberals as a party leaning to the left. If Cummins can get the Harper type vote and the NDP maintains its base and the Liberals get whatever is left over it could almost be a three way tie.

That would certainly help the NDP, but, I wonder if conservatives will rally under Cummins? Interesting times ahead. :wink: