Citywest's 24-hour "Service"

yea i think its weird you had so many problems getting thru. thinking maybe u didnt listen to prompts properly . never had issues getting thru

If you listen to his video on the last page, you’ll hear that he pushed the right button.

Typical Citywest approach, though. Blame the customer for their problems.

[quote=“zerocool”]

If you listen to his video on the last page, you’ll hear that he pushed the right button.

Typical Citywest approach, though. Blame the customer for their problems.[/quote]

On the positive side, if anyone is looking for Christmas music to play on Christmas morning, just call customer service. They have a great selection of tunes and it would seem that you might get to hear all of them!

Perhaps their staff is all twenty somethings.
You know, only been there four years and checking phone messages and the email is only part of your job on the days the boss yells at you to do it. Monday you can forget about doing it until you’re snarled at again and can go back to Facebook and hiding in the bathroom texting your gf/bf every 5 minutes.

I know you’re not supposed to generalize, but when 100% of them are more interested in Facebook and the number of EI insurable hours …

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]Perhaps their staff is all twenty somethings.
You know, only been there four years and checking phone messages and the email is only part of your job on the days the boss yells at you to do it. Monday you can forget about doing it until you’re snarled at again and can go back to Facebook and hiding in the bathroom texting your gf/bf every 5 minutes.

I know you’re not supposed to generalize, but when 100% of them are more interested in Facebook and the number of EI insurable hours …[/quote]

thats actually totally inacurate on what the staff do there . but you own a computer store so you must be a nerd ? just generalizing tho :smile:

no matter what service citywest gives tho everyone here on bitchingthemainframe will never be happy tho . cause they need something to bitch about to be happy. again im just generalizing :smile:

Personally, I’ve always had great service from Citywest. E-mail seems to work well, but so has calling.

It’s the higher ups and the spin-doctors at Citywest that are sometimes misguided and make bone-headed decisions. The guys who install and maintain the stuff are professional and friendly. And they’re smart and can think around problems instead of just following scripts, etc.

My guess is that someone screwed up the “24-hour service” thing. Perhaps it’s supposed to fall over to their contract-out call center or something, but didn’t.

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]Perhaps their staff is all twenty somethings.

I know you’re not supposed to generalize, but when 100% of them are more interested in Facebook and the number of EI insurable hours …[/quote]

LOL, actually I’ve heard that this may be closer to the truth than folks might like to acknowledge (except for the insurable EI hours as hey, a career there is pretty darn rewarding, why leave).

i’d like to know what job a lot of people you have that gives you the right to bitch about peoples job they do on a daily basis taking your calls bitching everyday .

being blamed cause their bill was cut because they didnt pay a bill or being called names routinely for doing their job. 95% people just call mad and blame the csr on the other for just answering the phone. some people just need to sit back and breath and enjoy life once in a while and just be happy with what they have instead of bitching out innocent people for answering the phone.

all these countless threads saying to close citywest or fire people cause they think they can do a better job is just getting retarded. or checking your speed test etc. its what you have if you dont want it just switch stop bitching makes sense to me . get off your high horse maybe get your resume in there if you think you can do a better job. you could post on htmf all day along with them “posting on facebook” lol

[quote=“decker”]i’d like to know what job a lot of people you have that gives you the right to bitch about peoples job they do on a daily basis taking your calls bitching everyday .

being blamed cause their bill was cut because they didnt pay a bill or being called names routinely for doing their job. 95% people just call mad and blame the csr on the other for just answering the phone. some people just need to sit back and breath and enjoy life once in a while and just be happy with what they have instead of bitching out innocent people for answering the phone.

all these countless threads saying to close citywest or fire people cause they think they can do a better job is just getting retarded. or checking your speed test etc. its what you have if you dont want it just switch stop bitching makes sense to me . get off your high horse maybe get your resume in there if you think you can do a better job. you could post on htmf all day along with them “posting on facebook” lol[/quote]

Ive done the csr job and for a lot less pay than citywest employees get. Its part of your job to ensure the customer is satisfied which includes bringing forward legitimate deficiencies to.your management team and its their job to ensure those deficiencies are corrected. If they dont get fixed blame your management not the customer. Its not the customers fault citywest is doing such a shitty job of fulfilling their service requirements.

Fuck sakes people just want what they were sold and want it to be reasonably reliable. Citywest is certainly anything but reliable. Of course the bloody csr is going to face the customers wrath the Customer doesnt phone management they phone you thats your fucking job to listen to customer complaints filter out legitimate ones and get them fixed. Dont like it? Quit. Theres plenty of.other people who wouldnt mind riding the prince Rupert taxpayer gravy train.

[quote=“jesus”]

[quote=“decker”]i’d like to know what job a lot of people you have that gives you the right to bitch about peoples job they do on a daily basis taking your calls bitching everyday .

all these countless threads saying to close citywest or fire people cause they think they can do a better job is just getting retarded. or checking your speed test etc. its what you have if you dont want it just switch stop bitching makes sense to me . get off your high horse maybe get your resume in there if you think you can do a better job. you could post on htmf all day along with them “posting on facebook” lol[/quote]

Ive done the csr job and for a lot less pay than citywest employees get. Its part of your job to ensure the customer is satisfied which includes bringing forward legitimate deficiencies to.your management team and its their job to ensure those deficiencies are corrected. If they dont get fixed blame your management not the customer. Its not the customers fault citywest is doing such a shitty job of fulfilling their service requirements.

Fuck sakes people just want what they were sold and want it to be reasonably reliable. Citywest is certainly anything but reliable. Of course the bloody csr is going to face the customers wrath the Customer doesnt phone management they phone you thats your fucking job to listen to customer complaints filter out legitimate ones and get them fixed. Dont like it? Quit. Theres plenty of.other people who wouldnt mind riding the prince Rupert taxpayer gravy train.[/quote]

i don’t work there . just am friends with quite a few . and its anything but a gravy train you dont even live in rupert to complain about them .

[quote=“decker”]

Fuck sakes people just want what they were sold and want it to be reasonably reliable. Citywest is certainly anything but reliable. Of course the bloody csr is going to face the customers wrath the Customer doesnt phone management they phone you thats your fucking job to listen to customer complaints filter out legitimate ones and get them fixed. Dont like it? Quit. Theres plenty of.other people who wouldnt mind riding the prince Rupert taxpayer gravy train.

i don’t work there . just am friends with quite a few . and its anything but a gravy train you dont even live in rupert to complain about them .[/quote]

So because I’m no longer willing to be abused by a shitty company I do not have a right to complain? citywest is an option where I live. Your friends have no legitimate complaints about their job.

For me, the people who answer the phones have been helpful and pleasant to deal with…just getting them to answer the phone is the problem. I find it ironic that you call a telecommunications company and can’t actually speak to a human instead you are encouraged to leave a message and they “will get back to you”. That is unacceptable.

isn’t this what the whole post was directed at…shitty west communications are not communicating to thier people… shitty !!