City-wide wireless network in Prince Rupert

Did this ever happen? I read in the daily snooze that this would or could become reality. A wireless network that anyone with a wireless setup could connect to for FREE! :smiley:

If so, what exactly do I need? I don’t have anything wireless yet, but I am willing to pay. Initially, then the rest would be gravy.

Let me know, pls.

Unfortunatly, Vancouver is beyond the limitations of our network.

HAHAHAHAHAH

Learn something everyday, I didnt think handoffs were supported under current wifi implementations. That being said I cant wait for 802.11r

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_802.11r

anyone east side?

Yeah

Just be an uberdork and cruise around with a homemade antenna …in a black Jeep Cherokee. : P

You’ll find a whole bunch of networks that you can borrow.

tinyurl.com/aq23a

Did I give the impression I’m currently out of town? I am actually rusting away here in ol’ PR. So, I just need a wireless connection to pull this off?

Yes!

Look at your location under your login name.

In Vaaaaannngcouver anywhere I open my laptop there’s at least 3 open networks. All named ‘default’ on channel 6…

Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeroy Jenkins!

Does anyone live in this general area?
http://webmail.charleshays.net/~scembella/map.jpg

Right by the park on 10th east is kinda where the pin is right?

I know of at least one poster who lives in a blue area. I’m guessing you are wanting to know if there’s a wireless hub or whatever you call it nearby?

Nah I’m on 10th E just about the ‘e’ in ‘rupert’

Yeah with longer range and speed with 802.11n, wireless is starting to look feasible in pr.