City wants disaster debriefing after tsunami

Prince Rupert City Council wants a debriefing session for the entire community around tsunamis and earthquakes in light of the recent disaster in Japan.

bclocalnews.com/bc_north/the … 35889.html

[quote=“TheNewsman”]Prince Rupert City Council wants a debriefing session for the entire community around tsunamis and earthquakes in light of the recent disaster in Japan.

bclocalnews.com/bc_north/the … 35889.html[/quote]

Perhaps they could start their debriefing session with a look at their own website this past weekend and the lack of any information from PEP BC. Even if the tsunami alert for BC turned out to be nothing to worry about, you certainly wouldn’t have known it from the city’s efforts.

This is real funny on behalf of our city , not once did we get any information concerning the tsunami and they want a debriefing , so how come they have not invited us where we can try and figure out what could have happened. I do recall when we had that great windstorm and Jacko stated that from now on we would be kept up to date blablabla.

Silly city-folk. How could a broke city afford to provide up to date news even though the city OWNS a [tele]communications company that could be utilized in an emergency contact capacity.

And everyone knows a tsunami knocks out internet access before it arrives. You can’t rely on this council or City Hall for bloody SQUAT except bureacracy and passing the buck. Best thing to do is to depend on ourselves - a public warning watchdog community-formed-committee.

That is just about what we have been doing since this council moved into the white house , is it not?

INDEED. Everything just short of paying each other’s utilities and taxes out of our own pockets.

Last time there was a power outage in town, those who had Rogers, Bell, and Telus phones were on HTMF posting about it!

Those with Citywest phones had no service.

[quote=“sandimas”]

Those with Citywest phones had no service.[/quote]

/FACEPALM*

Why did the city get rid of the air raid sirens a few years ago they could have been used for a early tsunami alert system

Because everyone would scanter to the sea to get away from the planes which of course, is where the tsunami would get them. I’m sure that was stated somewhere in the decomissioning of the sirens.

To my recollection, the city didn’t own them.