City to begin negotiations for the sale of Watson Island

I’m pretty sure Quickload put a bid in. They’re the only ones using the site right now and are looking to expand. I would believe a transloading logistics company would qualify as a “transportation group”.

I don’t think there can be much doubt that the Mayor was referring to Lax Kwalaams and its financial backer “North American Indian Charter of Shipping” (address unknown). That seems clear from an article in Northern View earlier in the year where their proposal was mentioned with few details and one of the last PRDN articles … about a delegation of band citizens having an audience with the Mayor to express concern about lack of information etc.

I see, though, from a notice in the Northern View that the city will be selling the old museum building (now the regional district office) to Lax Kwalaams through a non-competitiveness sale … tendering processes based on highest bids apparently being unnecessary in this case. Perhaps in the fullness of time further details will be made be available by the mayor and council …

I think that any one or combination of those companies would be positive … all have experience managing major properties … which seems to have been lacking at Watson Island for quite some time.