City mind set has to change

We as a city have to think out of the box our mind set is to keep going along and hope one day someone
will come and save us,warren buffett bill gates steve jobs of apple have the the mind set look were you are
going and fined what you like to see happen we need to surround ourselfs with smart people like bill craig of
citywest and fined the people who will seek nothing but the best for our town if we keep thinking that we are
down and out then we will always have the mind set for failure,what glen sanders is doing is what im talking about
a positive move to bring life back to our town its just a small step but a good one,i will tell you when the port grows
the way eveyone says then watch out it wont be the city running the show it will be the big money bring jim pattison
in front of city hall and see how much there mind thoughts would be or the barack obamas just the way they talk will
keep them in there seats like ghandi talking to them.Lets keep moveing forward in a positive way and bring our
town to level we should be.

Yeah? And what are you personally doing about it? I mean… other than posting here.

Hmmm, what is that condition of constantly seeking rescue? Is it Prince Charming Syndrome? No. Maybe Snow White Personality Disorder? Uh, Nope. Sleeping Beauty? Dream on.

I think it might be Borderline Personality Disorder. What’s the definition of a BPD?

BPDs are born with an innate biological tendency to react more intensely to lower levels of stress than others and to take longer to recover. They peak “higher” emotionally on less provocation and take longer coming down.

In addition, they were raised in environments in which their beliefs about themselves and their environment were continually devalued and invalidated. These factors combine to create adults who are uncertain of the truth of their own feelings and who are confronted by at least three basic dialectics they have failed to master (and thus rush frantically from pole to pole):

The one dialect that manifests itself continually with ajaye is:

~ active passivity (tendency to be passive when confronted with a problem and actively seek a rescuer) vs apparent competence (appearing to be capable when in reality internally things are falling apart)

It has a name 'PinchLoaf", it’s called 'Troll Syndrome" and like “feed a cold and starve a fever”, if you leave it alone, it will go away, eventually ! Similar to a scab or maybe your in-laws !

If we “fined the people who will seek nothing but the best for our town”, as you suggest, they would probably decamp to some other town where they are appreciated, and don’t have to pay fines.

Oh. That’s one poor, sick puppy.
What the best thing to do with poor, sick puppies?

Wow that was a doozie to read!! The correct grammar and puncuation really had me!!
So we should fine those people who want to help this community change for the better? That sounds like a great way to scare them off and the changesthat have started to happen stop! The buildings that were painted this year has sure brightened up the look of downtown and dare I say it…make it feel abit more lively! I know I sure enjoy the colors and so do the tourists!
So should we fine the city employees too for the work on the hanging baskets around town? Or what about ALL the amazing volunteers that plant and keep up the box planters around town, or help out on cruiseship nights or even those of us that when we are out walking around town we pick up garbage when we see it. I know if I was to be fined for picking up others garbage I would still do it and fight the fines!!! I guess that this volunteer appreciates the rest of the people in this town that enjoy helping to make this place better!! So fine us if you will ajaye I’m sure that us volunteers and businesses that want to make this a better community won’t be afraid of them!!!

Everyone has the right to post their point of view here on HTMF, that is the charm of our forum. I don’t always agree with the opinions posted, but, I think that everyone has the right to his/her opinion. Enough said. :smile:
However, let us keep the debate/discussion civil and avoid insults.

As per usual “ajaye” is pretending he can’t spell just to piss people off. If you read his previous posts he is very inconsistent with his spelling and grammatical errors ! Anyway, I believe he meant “find” as in search not “fined” as in punishment ! I can’t believe I am again feeding the troll ! Darn it all anyway, sucked in again !!

[quote=“bookgirl13”]Wow that was a doozie to read!! The correct grammar and puncuation really had me!!
So we should fine those people who want to help this community change for the better? That sounds like a great way to scare them off and the changesthat have started to happen stop! The buildings that were painted this year has sure brightened up the look of downtown and dare I say it…make it feel abit more lively! I know I sure enjoy the colors and so do the tourists!
So should we fine the city employees too for the work on the hanging baskets around town? Or what about ALL the amazing volunteers that plant and keep up the box planters around town, or help out on cruiseship nights or even those of us that when we are out walking around town we pick up garbage when we see it. I know if I was to be fined for picking up others garbage I would still do it and fight the fines!!! I guess that this volunteer appreciates the rest of the people in this town that enjoy helping to make this place better!! So fine us if you will ajaye I’m sure that us volunteers and businesses that want to make this a better community won’t be afraid of them!!![/quote]

Maybe you should clean up your grammar and punctuation before you post. Then your criticism of another’s mis-use
of the language might have some credibility.

Ajaye, the Jedi Troll strikes again, I am beginning to like his posts, it brings good entertainment.

Well coming into town there is a great welcome sign on the right hand side of Mcbride , these little guys make it a plus . I just had to share and take the heat off Ajaye …lol

Don’t even get me started on Citywest

What im trying to say is we need to move forward and make our city the best place to do business,
we have a world class port super recreation complex and folks who care.

[quote=“ajaye46”]What im trying to say is we need to move forward and make our city the best place to do business,
we have a world class port super recreation complex and folks who care.[/quote]

How about just be smart on how we run the place instead of wasting money and being incompetent at the same time.