getting sloppy on the disk,
and the microcode instructions
cause unnecessary risc,
then you have to flash your memory
and you’ll want to RAM your ROM.
quickly turn off your computer
and be sure to tell your mom!

little guys love Dr Seuss[/quote]

Is there a seperate set of Dr Seuss for geeks?

I almost forgot one of the best teen books I ever read, The Secret Diary Of Adrian Mole aged 13 3/4 by Sue Townsend. This is a wonderful read, even for adults. Check out the whole series, I’m pretty sure our library has them.

Beeswax the Bad!

Discovered an interesting website with math toys and books. These would make wonderful gifts if anyone has to buy something for a child in their family.

http://www.pburch.net/books/mathbooks.html

don’t worry about it, Dave. they get smart real fast. start with a toy piano first. Music works wonders, then you sneak in the math and they see how it relates to musical scales and keys, etc.
Money’s another trick. There’s this wall a lot of kids hit in Grade 5 & 6 with decimals. Then you tell them nah, you already know decimals. Look, and you go over pennies dimes and dollars. And in Italy they have lira and they quickly grasp how to add thousandths. Percent? Aw that’s just tax. Seven cents on the dollar. It works really well. So well I don’t understand why teachers can’t get their heads around it.
I’m not saying don’t get thse math books, do. It’s just the first of my friends to have a kid confided that ‘they’re WAY smarter than dogs’, and I thought that was hilarious. Then mine continually blew me away, and I know what he meant.
Just toss little problems their way as they grow and watch how they run.
Make learning fun and let’em loose.

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”] It works really well. So well I don’t understand why teachers can’t get their heads around it.
.[/quote]

Annual teacher bashing at the end of June because they now go on vacation. Maybe not all the kids they teach are as smart as yours or have parents like you that actually help them.

Not really. I almost dropped everything two years ago to go to UNBC and get certified to teach.
Hey that proves it. They’re certified… wacka wacka! :laughing:

no. all kids are smart, but your right there’s some pretty bad parents around. Some good parents that need a hand too.